Windows 10: Deactivated Hello pin locked me out of PC.

Discus and support Deactivated Hello pin locked me out of PC. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had previously deactivated the Windows 10 Hello pin on my home pc. It somehow reactivated the pin feature. I tried various pin possiblilties and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WendySanderson, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Deactivated Hello pin locked me out of PC.

I had previously deactivated the Windows 10 Hello pin on my home pc. It somehow reactivated the pin feature. I tried various pin possiblilties and now it only switches from a blue screen telling me my account requires a Hello pin with the only option "create pin" and a screen saying to restart my pc because I've entered the wrong pin too many times. Restarting does nothing. It also says "The dictionary attack mitigation is triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider." Can anyone help?

:)

WendySanderson, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 9, 2020
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Deactivated Hello pin locked me out of PC.

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Deactivated Hello pin locked me out of PC.

1. Deactivated Hello pin locked me out of PC. - Similar Threads - Deactivated Hello pin

2. Can't use pin,locked out of pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use pin,locked out of pc: My Microsoft Windows PC has a notice up on my screen that says something happened in your PIN isn't available click to set up your PIN again and when I click to set up my pin it does nothing but tell me that it doesn't allow me to set up a pen so I am locked out of it how can...
  3. Can't use pin,locked out of pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use pin,locked out of pc: My Microsoft Windows PC has a notice up on my screen that says something happened in your PIN isn't available click to set up your PIN again and when I click to set up my pin it does nothing but tell me that it doesn't allow me to set up a pen so I am locked out of it how can...
  4. Can't use pin,locked out of pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out: Hello,So I have a problem with one of my windows laptops in which when I put in my pin which I know is correct it keeps telling me its wrong and locking me out. This problem as never arises before as my other 2 windows laptops work just fine. When I put in my pin it tells me...
  6. Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out

Windows telling me my Pin is wrong and locking me out: Hello,So I have a problem with one of my windows laptops in which when I put in my pin which I know is correct it keeps telling me its wrong and locking me out. This problem as never arises before as my other 2 windows laptops work just fine. When I put in my pin it tells me...
  7. Windows Hello pin sign in not functional, locked out

Windows Hello pin sign in not functional, locked out: I was troubleshooting a problem with an app that wouldn't launch for me. Part of the instructions on troubleshooting it asked me to use msconfig to boot into limited startup. After doing this the login screen reads 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to...
  8. Windows Hello pin sign in not functional, locked out

Windows Hello pin sign in not functional, locked out: I was troubleshooting a problem with an app that wouldn't launch for me. Part of the instructions on troubleshooting it asked me to use msconfig to boot into limited startup. After doing this the login screen reads 'Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to...
  9. Windows Hello pin sign in not functional, locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. PC keeps locking me out

PC keeps locking me out: My PC keeps locking me out, even though it's only a few months old. What's happening? The topic is the opposite, did not have the correct topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-locking-me-out/2b5820c2-4e7c-4071-a23f-8d18a9dfc1f4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my computer says youve entered an incorrect PIN several times

2. Dictionary attack mitigation triggered; Device locked

3. windows hello pin not set dictionary attack disabled