Windows 10: Deactivated something I shouldn't and now can't print

Discus and support Deactivated something I shouldn't and now can't print in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I deactivated something I shouldn't and now I can't print. When I try to add a printer in Word I get a message that Active Directory is unavailable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fun-Morning409, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Deactivated something I shouldn't and now can't print

I deactivated something I shouldn't and now I can't print. When I try to add a printer in Word I get a message that Active Directory is unavailable.

When I try to go to peripheral devices to see what's there it won't access and simply close the window.

Any idea what's causing this and what I should activate back in services.msc or elsewhere?

Thanks

EDIT: I wanted to add the version of Win 10 but the same windows shuts down when I go on "settings", "system" and it closes when I click on "about".

submitted by /u/Fun-Morning409
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fun-Morning409, Mar 31, 2021

2. Microsoft Print to PDF, troublesome T attribute

Use BulkFileChanger (from Nirsoft) or PowerShell command to unset "T" attribute. More here:

Windows Search Not Listing Microsoft Print to PDF Files - The Winhelponline Blog :

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/search-not-indexing-pdf-ms-print-to-pdf/

Related Links

MS Print to PDF adds the "T" (temporary) attribute when writing to PDF which causes Windows Search to skip the file.

Microsoft Print to PDF, troublesome T attribute

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/103237

fsutil – oasysadmin

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 31, 2021
  3. jug69 Win User
    2710 Nav edition can`t update!!!

Haven`t as I don`t want connect to the internet via the phone, and anyway, shouldn`t have to. Also tried Nokia PC Suite but that didn`t work either. Giving me the
    SH@@S!

jug69, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Deactivated something I shouldn't and now can't print

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Deactivated something I shouldn't and now can't print

1. Deactivated something I shouldn't and now can't print - Similar Threads - Deactivated something shouldn't

2. Deactivated "Hands Free" for AirPods, now can't get it back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deactivated "Hands Free" for AirPods, now can't get it back on: Hello,in a strive to improve the sound quality of my AirPods Pro, I went to the Properties of the AirPods Pro in Windows, Services Tab, and deactivated "Hands Free". They immediately stopped working at all. I tried to reactivate it, but Windows says "Bluetooth Service Error:...
  3. Deactivated "Hands Free" for AirPods, now can't get it back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deactivated "Hands Free" for AirPods, now can't get it back on: Hello,in a strive to improve the sound quality of my AirPods Pro, I went to the Properties of the AirPods Pro in Windows, Services Tab, and deactivated "Hands Free". They immediately stopped working at all. I tried to reactivate it, but Windows says "Bluetooth Service Error:...
  4. Deactivated "Hands Free" for AirPods, now can't get it back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't print.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't print.: I have a home printer that I use to print my documents. Canon LBP2900. I clicked print but It wouldn't print for me. I have checked the cables, print spooler. When I click on "use printer offline" to turn it off, it would show this: [ATTACH] I have also tried cancelling...
  6. Question about something I shouldn't have to ask.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about something I shouldn't have to ask.: I have previously cast my screen from my Android phone to my PC. Why do they suddenly not see each other? I haven't changed the settings. I haven't screen cast to a different device. Everything is exactly the same as the last time (I even looked up the same YouTube video...
  7. Is taskhostw.exe doing something it shouldn't?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is taskhostw.exe doing something it shouldn't?: My Windows 10 system security virus and threat protection says: Unauthorized changes blocked: Controlled access folder blocked c:\window...taskhostw.exe from making changes to memory. Is this something normal that the ransomware protection is inappropriately...
  8. I should or I shouldn't ?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I should or I shouldn't ?!: I see MS release the 1809 build I'm wondering if I should re-install windows 10 or keep windows 7 ?! oh PS my computer hardware can perfectly handle windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-should-or-i-shouldnt/9136bb70-9841-4544-9b73-1da26695b9d0
  9. Windows 10 upgraded, and now I can't print to ANY printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 upgraded, and now I can't print to ANY printer: My computer recently upgraded my Windows 10 installation. I'm now running Windows 10 Home edition, version 1803, build 17134.285. Since the upgrade, I can't print -- not to my physical printer, nor to Microsoft Print to PDF. I AM, however, able to print to the physical...
  10. Should I or Shouldn't I

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I or Shouldn't I: I have been hearing alot on privacy issues within windows 10 and that microsoft has the ability to remove software from your computer if it has detected an invalid license and such. i keep getting the icon telling me not to miss my chance to upgrade to windows 10 but at the...