Windows 10: Deactivated work or school account can't be removed

Discus and support Deactivated work or school account can't be removed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As you can see on the screenshot below, I'm signed in to two different Microsoft accounts on Windows 10. The first one is my personal account which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JAY PIXL, Aug 18, 2019.

1. JAY PIXL Win User

Deactivated work or school account can't be removed

As you can see on the screenshot below, I'm signed in to two different Microsoft accounts on Windows 10. The first one is my personal account which I use for basically everything. The second one is my school account. I've signed in to the school account because it came with a Microsoft Office license. Now let me explain my issue. I've graduated from said school last summer. My Microsoft account got deactivated by the school after I left. I did not sign out of this account on my pc as I didn't see any reason to. Now the account is still linked to my pc, but I've long been signed out. From time to time I get a notification telling me that there's a problem with my work or school account. When I click on it, it opens the custom sign-in page of my school (in place of the Microsoft one) in a separate window. This is completely useless since my account has been disabled, deactivated or probably deleted. When clicking on the 'manage' button you see on the screenshot, I get redirected to the sign-in page for a Microsoft account on which I could then enter my school- email and get in turn redirected to the school's sign-in page. Anyhow, the gist of it all is that I can not sign in to my account and I can not find a way to remove it from my pc without signing in and probably removing my pc online. It's not a big issue, but I still find it frustrating. Windows should be able to realize what the issue with the account is. It's treating it like a possible password change or another change of security settings. All the while my account is inactive and none retrievable. Maybe I am missing something and it is, in fact, possible to remove the account locally. Whether or not, I'd appreciate any help.

Deactivated work or school account can't be removed 8ca94ba1-c677-4b52-860a-4d1dc49ab3e2?upload=true.png

:)

JAY PIXL, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 18, 2019
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Deactivated work or school account can't be removed

Can't remove a Work or School account from Windows 10

I found I could not delete the work or school account, because it was likely controlled by a domain controller, which I could no longer log onto.

I found the solution below DOES work, as described by the user Pvandamcom2

Steps:

- In Control Panel, User Accounts, select your account

- Select "instead log on with a local account" and follow the steps

- Then logon, go back to accounts, and go to Access to work and school account

- Click Disconnect for the Work or School Account. The work account dissappeared

- Last step, go back and change logon to be with Microsoft Account instead of
    local account

The work account is no longer displayed

Gary in San Diego, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Deactivated work or school account can't be removed

1. Deactivated work or school account can't be removed - Similar Threads - Deactivated school account

2. Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11: Greetings everyone,I am a subscriber of Office 365 Home and on one of my machines, I made the mistake of logging in using "work or school account" as opposed to my personal account. This has now left footprints of the two accounts on my Windows machine and even though I am...
  3. Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11: Greetings everyone,I am a subscriber of Office 365 Home and on one of my machines, I made the mistake of logging in using "work or school account" as opposed to my personal account. This has now left footprints of the two accounts on my Windows machine and even though I am...
  4. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated: Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that...
  5. Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove locked account from windows - school or work account that has been deactivated: Hi peeps, this is a how-to because it took me ages to get this answer and I am sure others have this problem. I even asked windows help desk and they didn't know what to do apart from contact the admin of the school account. So if you have a locked school or work account that...
  6. Can't remove school account

Can't remove school account: I recently changed the password for my school email, so Calendar freaked out. I decided I don't actually need this account connected to Windows anymore, so I went to go remove it. So, I went to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts, and it just spun forever:Then I discovered...
  7. Can't remove school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove school account: I recently changed the password for my school email, so Calendar freaked out. I decided I don't actually need this account connected to Windows anymore, so I went to go remove it. So, I went to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts, and it just spun forever:Then I discovered...
  8. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  9. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  10. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account