Windows 10: Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account

Discus and support Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How can I deactivate my windows 10 account from my laptop before selling it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JOHANNESBOS, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account

How can I deactivate my windows 10 account from my laptop before selling it?

:)

JOHANNESBOS, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account

1. Deactivating my Windows 10 Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Deactivating Microsoft Account

2. Microsoft Account Deactivation: what is that?!?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Deactivation: what is that?!?: Hi there!I received an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that informs me that Microsoft itself decided to deactivate my account unless I click on a link to verify my account.I think this is again a fake email, but is there some Microsoft staff person who...
  3. Asked To Deactivate My Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asked To Deactivate My Account: Dear MSCSI have just received this email in my junk box.Is it something that I should worry about?I have a made a screenshot of the post and the heading address attached.I believe this is the first time I have seen this type of scareware....
  4. Remove a deactivated account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a deactivated account on Windows 10: Hi!My computer Windows 10 will not let me change my PIN from the settings since Windows Hello is not accessible; it wants me to log in to my organization and give it access. My administrator is my main, personal account, but when I click the button for Windows Hello to give...
  5. Remove a deactivated account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove a deactivated account on Windows 10: Hi!My computer Windows 10 will not let me change my PIN from the settings since Windows Hello is not accessible; it wants me to log in to my organization and give it access. My administrator is my main, personal account, but when I click the button for Windows Hello to give...
  6. Remove a deactivated account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated.: I have this problem for months now. I cannot go back to my Administrator account. The thing is that I accidentally logged out of the account and now I cannot install anything. And I cannot activate Windows 10 because I don't have an Admin account....
  8. Windows account deactivation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows account deactivation: Hi Can anyone explain to me why a windows account is deactivated after 180 of inactivity? I wanted to know if its possible to extend the amount of time that can lapse before an account is deactivated? If this is possible can this be done on an individual level or would it...
  9. Changing your microsoft account will deactivate the windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing your microsoft account will deactivate the windows 10: Hello Everyone, I have a Microsoft account with an activated windows 10 Home single language on it, I would like to change that Microsoft account to an another microsoft. My question is that will it also deactivate the windows 10 that's been activated on that account...
  10. Account deactivation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account deactivation: I created a second Microsoft Account and want to delete the first one. How can I do this? There is no link to click on to let me deactivate the first account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-deactivation/4046aaed-3813-4de1-8fb8-3011b27e4bfb