Windows 10: Deactivating OEM Windows key on a computer that no longer has Windows installed?

Discus and support Deactivating OEM Windows key on a computer that no longer has Windows installed? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Huawei laptop in June, at the time I activated Windows, took a note of the key, and promptly uninstalled Windows to install Ubuntu. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by babyscully, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Deactivating OEM Windows key on a computer that no longer has Windows installed?

I bought a Huawei laptop in June, at the time I activated Windows, took a note of the key, and promptly uninstalled Windows to install Ubuntu.

Now I want to install Windows on a VirtualBox on the same computer, however when I can't activate it as it says the key is already in use. Is it possible to deactivate it?

:)

babyscully, Dec 14, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Dec 14, 2020
  3. EviLZeD Win User
    activate windows 7 oem key

Ive installed windows 7 using retail disk but with an oem key it worked fine you can always change the key from right clicking my computer-properties then selecting change product key

EviLZeD, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Deactivating OEM Windows key on a computer that no longer has Windows installed?

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Deactivating OEM Windows key on a computer that no longer has Windows installed?

1. Deactivating OEM Windows key on a computer that no longer has Windows installed? - Similar Threads - Deactivating OEM key

2. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  3. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  4. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Deactivate Windows 10 on computer that no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deactivate Windows 10 on computer that no longer works: I purchased and installed Window 10 on an iMac with Parallels. However, following an upgrade to the iMac operating system, Parallels and, hence, Windows 10 can no longer be used. How can I deactivate Windows 10 so that I can install it to replace Windows 7 on a computer?...
  6. Deactivate Windows 10 on computer that no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deactivate Windows 10 on computer that no longer works: I purchased and installed Window 10 on an iMac with Parallels. However, following an upgrade to the iMac operating system, Parallels and, hence, Windows 10 can no longer be used. How can I deactivate Windows 10 so that I can install it to replace Windows 7 on a computer?...
  7. Deactivate Windows 10 on computer that no longer works

8. Windows OEM key

Windows OEM key: Can you tell me how some youtubers are claiming that OEM key can activate your PC for lifetime in less than 15$? Are these OEM keys legal or real? Can these OEM keys sold by the company? If it is legal than why MICROSOFT is not selling any OEM version of windows in...
  9. Windows OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows OEM key: So I understand that you cannot transfer to a new computer with a new OEM key. But lets say my motherboard goes out and i have to buy a new motherboard. Will I have to buy a new Oem key? Will the computer forget I had Microsoft in the first place? submitted by...
  10. Windows 10 License Key no longer matches BIOS OEM key

Windows 10 License Key no longer matches BIOS OEM key: We have been mass deploying new Lenovo Windows 10 PCS, using the Sysprep utility to prepare the image for mass deployment. The biggest concern we had going in was that we preserve the OEM license key. This seemed to be working fine, we created our base image, sysprep'd the...