Windows 10: Deactivating Windows 10 key from broken computer

Discus and support Deactivating Windows 10 key from broken computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My CPU died, i bought a new CPU and Motherboard, but can't activate Windows 10 using previous key. Is there any way I can deactivate the key without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pulsar-o-, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Pulsar-o- Win User

Deactivating Windows 10 key from broken computer

My CPU died, i bought a new CPU and Motherboard, but can't activate Windows 10 using previous key. Is there any way I can deactivate the key without access to the old hardware?

:)

Pulsar-o-, Dec 14, 2019

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Deactivating Windows 10 key from broken computer - Similar Threads - Deactivating key broken

2. Is it possible to deactivate from one computer and using the same product key on another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to deactivate from one computer and using the same product key on another...: Hi, is it possible to deactivate from one computer and use the same product key on another computer? The device I'm deactivating has Windows 11 and I'm gonna try to use the key on a Windows 10 one....
  3. Is it possible to deactivate from one computer and using the same product key on another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to deactivate from one computer and using the same product key on another...: Hi, is it possible to deactivate from one computer and use the same product key on another computer? The device I'm deactivating has Windows 11 and I'm gonna try to use the key on a Windows 10 one....
  4. New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New PC but previous activation key from old and broken device. How to deactivate old...: Basically I had to buy a new pc because the old one broke completely. Now I have to activate windows on it but the activation key is not working since I didn't deactivate it on the old device. How to deactivate it? Or just buy a new license?...
  5. Can't activate Windows 10 on new PC with product key from older deactivated computer

Can't activate Windows 10 on new PC with product key from older deactivated computer: Hello, I am trying to activate a new Windows 10 PC with my Windows 10 Pro product key from an older computer that I have deactivated. This is something I have done a couple of times before, so I know that it works. Although it may have been with an older version of Windows,...
  6. Windows 10 transfer from broken computer.

Windows 10 transfer from broken computer.: I upgraded to a retail version of windows 7 from vista and then upgraded to windows 10 for free. The computer that received these upgrades stopped working last year and I do not have the product key. I finally got a new one and tried to activate windows digitally but could...
  7. Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation

Retrieve windows 10 product key after key deactivation: I built a new pc, so instead of buying a new license I decided to transfer the license from my old pc to the new one. I went into This PC->Properties and wrote down the code at the bottom of the page, then i looked up online how to deactivate the code and i found that you go...
  8. Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer?

Transferring Product Key From Broken Computer?: So my old laptop came pre-installed with Windows 10, but recently it broke. So now I have a new PC and I was wondering if there was any way to get the product key off of my old computer and use it for this one? There's no way for me to access my old computer at all, but it is...
  9. Product key deactivated when changing computer.

Product key deactivated when changing computer.: For christmas I got a new motherboard and a new CPU. Now windows says my copy of Windows 10 is not genuine. When I try to make it reactivate with the digital key on my account, it says the servers are down. (My laptop is on the same account and is genuine. (Just save the key...
  10. Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10: How to: Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10 How to Uninstall Product Key to Deactivate Windows 10 Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasnt been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove windows key in broken mother board

2. how to deactive windows 10 digital from laptop since its broken

3. deactivate windows on broken computer