Windows 10: Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

Discus and support Dead Battery and Troubleshooter in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Apparently, my laptop has a dead battery. What I mean by that is that it'd shut down if I stopped charging it even for just a second. That's terrible I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tactical 07, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

Apparently, my laptop has a dead battery. What I mean by that is that it'd shut down if I stopped charging it even for just a second. That's terrible I know. Any ideas?What is even more disgusting is the fact that the troubleshooter shows:

:)

Tactical 07, Oct 2, 2022
  2. caffeine Win User

battery/brick troubleshooting

System Manufacturer/Model Number:dell inspiron 17 5770
    OS:windows 10 pro x64 2004 version 10.0.19041 build 19041

Before going into the details, please note:
    I cannot perform all the troubleshooting because of some physical limitations. I am color blind and cannot determine LED colors. An injury has left me virtually one handed and unable to perform remove/replace battery functions.

the problem:
    The computer will no longer charge properly. I cannot boot or use the computer without the brick plugged in. Hovering over the battery icon (on the task tray) indicates battery 98% charged. However, unplugging the brick generates a low battery warning and subsequent shut down in less than one minute.

what I have done:
    • I have unplugged/plugged in all the brick connections.
    • I have calibrated the battery using the drain and recharge process.
    • Dell's EPSA Preboot System Assessment yields error# 93734 (battery problem)
    • I have changed power plans.
    • I have uninstalled/reboot both battery drivers shown in Device Manager.

The next step appears to be to remove/install the existing battery. Then let the success/failure dictate replacement decisions regarding the battery and/or brick.

I have no desire to throw parts at the computer in attempt to solve the problem. That is not a wise solution. I have a (non-techie) friend whom I can guide through a mechanical repair if necessary. That is better than paying a shop to do what I know how to do, but am physically unable to perform.

...SO... My question is: Are there any other troubleshooting techniques I can employ before proceeding?

Thanks in advance for you replies.

regards,

caffeine, Oct 2, 2022
  3. Battery dead quickly

Hi Paul,

To isolate the concern, please answer the following questions:

• Which phone model and version of Windows are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For your reference, you can visit these links for:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Oct 2, 2022
  4. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

1. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter - Similar Threads - Dead Battery Troubleshooter

2. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead Battery and Troubleshooter: Apparently, my laptop has a dead battery. What I mean by that is that it'd shut down if I stopped charging it even for just a second. That's terrible I know. Any ideas?What is even more disgusting is the fact that the troubleshooter shows:...
  3. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Battery and Troubleshooter: Apparently, my laptop has a dead battery. What I mean by that is that it'd shut down if I stopped charging it even for just a second. That's terrible I know. Any ideas?What is even more disgusting is the fact that the troubleshooter shows:...
  4. hp battery is dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp battery is dead: CAN I PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY FOR MY HP desktop 9USU43L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-is-dead/5c45c76d-4d94-4b27-982e-d1bdb171f2a0
  5. hp battery is dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp battery is dead: CAN I PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY FOR MY HP desktop 9USU43L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-is-dead/5c45c76d-4d94-4b27-982e-d1bdb171f2a0
  6. hp battery is dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Laptop Battery dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery dead: Hi Windows 10 A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer recognized that there was a battery as it always said it had 92% charge remaining but it would not charge. So first question is...
  8. battery/brick troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Support
    battery/brick troubleshooting: System Manufacturer/Model Number:dell inspiron 17 5770 OS:windows 10 pro x64 2004 version 10.0.19041 build 19041 Before going into the details, please note: I cannot perform all the troubleshooting because of some physical limitations. I am color blind and cannot determine...
  9. Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery: Recently, onde of the updates failed error 0x8024004c, and the messege says that I need to have my battery charged at least 40%. Unfortunately, my PC's battery is dead, it doesn't charge anymore, and it only works while pluged. Is there any solution to make it update even...
  10. Prevent dead battery message?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent dead battery message?: My old Lenovo laptop is now used only to record TV shows off an antenna and is always plugged in. The battery died from old age a while back and I get a Lenovo warning message in Windows 10 every time I boot the computer. The message is that the battery is dead due to normal...