Windows 10: Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it?

Discus and support Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it? I had the strangest thing that happened to me. I uninstalled the drivers for on motherboard's Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by korr2221, May 18, 2016.

1. korr2221 Win User

Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it?

I had the strangest thing that happened to me. I uninstalled the drivers for on motherboard's Ethernet and this happened. I had to troubleshoot, check cables, reinstalled the latest drivers and cleared the cmos. It appeared the driver installed fine but it wouldn't light up the ethernet port as if it was dead? At the bottom was the error I found in the device log. Nothing worked. I had to do a system restore to get it back up. Any ideas what happened?

Mobo: Biostar 970

Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_230E1565&REV_07\4&2057c65&0&00AA had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem66.inf
    Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Service: rt640x64
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Problem: 0x15
    Problem Status: 0xC0

:)

korr2221, May 18, 2016
  2. stgreg Win User

Win 10 Ver 1703: Loses Ethernet after going to sleep.

As of a couple of days ago, when i wake the PC from sleep - the ethernet symbol is gone and a dead WiFi symbol is there (lower right hand corner of lock screen). It take several moments for it to "catch" back to it's connection. I am hard wired Ethernet
    - and do not use WiFi for this PC.

I can tell it goes offline as Windows update doesn't do anything while in sleep mode (it is designed to, however), among other processes.

Called my ISP and there nothing wrong with my Modem or Ethernet connection. They also said this was an
    MS known issue - and the OS needs a fix.

Any suggestions?

stgreg, May 18, 2016
  3. dead n85

Take it to a care center. Only they can say for sure what's wrong with the phone as it is dead.

chanchan05, May 18, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Problem: 0x15 is 'device not ready' normally , often an issue with corrupt/incorrect drivers.

Wullail, May 18, 2016
  5. korr2221 Win User
    That's what I thought too when I googled it but I downloaded the drivers from the site and the drivers in the device manager says it's working properly and it didn't look like anything was wrong with it...

One thing for sure it must've been something with the drivers because when I did a system restore it's back and running. Anyone else have any ideas?

korr2221, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dead Ethernet...... what was wrong with it? - Similar Threads - Dead Ethernet was

2. Screen is dead what to do??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is dead what to do??: Yesterday, I got the blue screen of death indicating that my pci.sys has failed now the next morning when I try to boot up my laptop, I can hear my system boot up but the screen has blacked out, it does not display any anything I tried to restart my graphic drivers by the...
  3. Screen is dead what to do??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is dead what to do??: Yesterday, I got the blue screen of death indicating that my pci.sys has failed now the next morning when I try to boot up my laptop, I can hear my system boot up but the screen has blacked out, it does not display any anything I tried to restart my graphic drivers by the...
  4. What's wrong?

What's wrong?: I tried a lot of different keys I had for Windows 10 Pro Edition, but they never worked, they just gave me the activate windows screen after clicking next giving me some false hope and then just not working.I was confused to say the least.But it didn't matter, so I tired to...
  5. Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead: While playing games and such, my ping is fine and consistent throughout the multiplayer experience but during everything else, I feel like I'm not receiving enough throughput. It fluctuates but always stays in the Kbps range and sometimes entering the 1Mbps range for a second...
  6. Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead

Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead: While playing games and such, my ping is fine and consistent throughout the multiplayer experience but during everything else, I feel like I'm not receiving enough throughput. It fluctuates but always stays in the Kbps range and sometimes entering the 1Mbps range for a second...
  7. Ethernet throughput is inconsistent or sometimes stays dead

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet, what??

Ethernet, what??: I've had my computer for about 2 years now and I've been using wireless internet just fine, but now all of a sudden it ask for Ethernet; I've NEVER used Ethernet before and I need help connecting back to the internet with wireless!...
  9. What's wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's wrong?: Please see the 2 photos below and tell me why isn't it 18632.116. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-wrong/1228bde9-224e-47b3-b65b-7e8cef0a3998
  10. Almost DEAD Ethernet connection ..

Almost DEAD Ethernet connection ..: Hello I have two desktop PCs. One is a TV Media Centre PC (good ol' Windows 7) - wired to the Router, the other my working PC (Windows 10) runs on the network using 'Homeplug' type technology. I also have a number of wireless tablet/phone devices in the house. Only very...