Windows 10: Dead Hard Drive Installing New One

Discus and support Dead Hard Drive Installing New One in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have the product key from the old hard drive but won't let me use it on the new install. Also, it wouldn't let me get past I don't have a product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MatthewOberst, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Dead Hard Drive Installing New One

I have the product key from the old hard drive but won't let me use it on the new install. Also, it wouldn't let me get past I don't have a product key page.

:)

MatthewOberst, Aug 27, 2019
  2. little cat, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 27, 2019
  4. dadibones Win User

Dead Hard Drive Installing New One

Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the laptop the dead hdd came out of? I removed the dead hdd and used a sata to usb cable to check if my files
    are still on the old drive on a friends laptop and they are there. Since this drive is now out of my laptop can i use it as an external drive and download its contents (including windows 10) directly onto my new drive in the laptop? I tried to add a file
    to the dead drive and it would not take it.

dadibones, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Dead Hard Drive Installing New One

1. Dead Hard Drive Installing New One - Similar Threads - Dead Hard Drive

2. new hard drive install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new hard drive install: Trying to install another hard drive into my PC, but I don't want to erase the data on the drive. How can I do this? submitted by /u/theflyingpanini [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v65o3o/new_hard_drive_install/
  3. Installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new hard drive.: When in disk management it says my drive needs to be formatted then a few minutes latter it says unable to format disk it is a WD10 red 3.5 inch hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-hard-drive/bd54e110-b1e4-47b8-8a30-f6383eb008f7
  4. Is my hard drive dead?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my hard drive dead?: Context: my computer is 12 years old and just recently when force shutting it down after it crashing from opening a program while making weird beeping noises whenever I press any keyboard input or click my mouse. When booted up, it seemed to be stuck on a black screen so I...
  5. Dead Hard drive, how can I get Windows 10 pro on the new one?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dead Hard drive, how can I get Windows 10 pro on the new one?: My hard drive stopped working. Ive got a replacement, but i dont know how to get windows 10 on the new internal drive. i cant get anything off the old drive. Its a brick. All other hardware is working fine, ive still got the same motherboard, processor, etc. i dont have...
  6. Dead Hard Drive. Is it a Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dead Hard Drive. Is it a Virus?: I was having trouble with my laptop which I could not sort out. I decided to take out my hard drive and check it on another laptop using a sata/usb lead. I could not read the drive as it asked me if I wanted to format it. Where has my data gone and is the drive dead and could...
  7. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...
  8. Installed New Hard Drive

Installed New Hard Drive: I have recently installed a new hard drive in my computer. I would like to know what do I need to do now to put Windows 10 back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-hard-drive/f1db2a19-671d-4b48-bc26-6843d6b4ad65
  9. Windows 10 install from dead hard drive

Windows 10 install from dead hard drive: Is there a way to transfer my windows 10 and other files which live on a dead hard drive directly onto a new hard drive which i have mounted into the laptop the dead hdd came out of? I removed the dead hdd and used a sata to usb cable to check if my files are still on the...
  10. Installing New Hard Drive To Replace one under warranty

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing New Hard Drive To Replace one under warranty: Recently I replaced a hard drive under warranty. 2GB WD. I received in it in the mail, hooked it up with a sata to USB cable to copy everything off the bad drive before I installed the new one. I formatted it, and created a (GPT Protective Partition) Upon completion of the...