Windows 10: Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?

Discus and support Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I originally posted this on the Hardware and Devices Forum, but perhaps that was the wrong place. At any rate, no one responded. Windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nordel, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Nordel Win User

Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?

I originally posted this on the Hardware and Devices Forum, but perhaps that was the wrong place.
    At any rate, no one responded.

Windows 10 version 1909

The problem appeared about three months ago. My keyboard layout is for the Icelandic language. It includes a dead key for vowels: á, é, í, ó, ú, and ý. So, I can type a or á, etc., if the dead key works.

I use the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard. The dead-key vowels first appeared normally. Right at startup.

Now, just after start-up the keyboard will not produce the dead-key vowels. Then, from 15 to 30 minutes later, the dead-key vowels start appearing normally. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but no change.

Pressing the shortcut keys for the Icelandic language does no good.

How can I restore its full functioning from start-up?

:)

Nordel, Mar 17, 2020

2. will not turn on it is dead

My new 920 is dead will not turn on the only thing that lights up is the 3 windows navigation lights it is just dead have had since dec 1,2012

fla_ladybug74, Mar 17, 2020
  3. The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...

The start menu is working for my 9926 installs, 1 update and 1 fresh on none enterprise versions.

I don't have the option to turn off or on.

Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why? [​IMG]

No box to change one way or the other.

kingstonian, Mar 17, 2020
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...

Here is my Start Screen in Windows TP 10 9926

Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why? - Similar Threads - Dead key dead

2. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu dead: My windows Start menu doesn't open not on click not on keypress. When I click on the notification panel it instantly crashes same goes for the background apps tab in the privacy settings. The start menu troubleshooter app says "Microsoft.ShellExperienceHost" and...
  3. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu dead: My windows Start menu doesn't open not on click not on keypress. When I click on the notification panel it instantly crashes same goes for the background apps tab in the privacy settings. The start menu troubleshooter app says "Microsoft.ShellExperienceHost" and...
  4. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dead On Start Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dead On Start Up: I restarted my pc and now after I sign in I have about five seconds where it works, afterwards I can no longer do anything. My mouse works but I can’t click anything. My keyboard still works and I managed to open up startup programs and disable everything with my keyboard. It...
  6. Switching dead key

Switching dead key: Hi! Is there a way to change the dead key from '/" to `/~? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-dead-key/2f701169-f1bb-451b-af8d-a50f23b50aa0
  7. Dead keys

Dead keys: Windows 10 Home 1809 If I type a double quote " or a single quote ' or a carat ^ or a tilde ~ I need to touch another keyboard character after before it registers on screen. I know this behavior is call 'dead keys'. So, I search and find instructions to defeat the behavior....
  8. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu dead: So the issue that I am having is the start menu won't react, however Cortana does.... I have tried a second user account, restarting it several times, fsc /scannow (it said all good) and the Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  9. Dead screen at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead screen at start up: I have downloaded Win ten onto three computers using the downloaded programme on a memory stick. Laptop absolutely perfect second on a PC, perfect, third PC,(mine), press the power button and quickly get the screen lighting and then the ten four squres window showing but...
  10. Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...: Late last week, Microsoft pushed out a new build of Windows 10 to those of you who are participating in the 'Insiders' program. The latest version of Windows 10 comes with it many new features, some easily accessible, others not, but one thing is for certain, the Charms bar...