Windows 10: Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

Discus and support Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JesseStoner, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again.

:)

JesseStoner, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Andra Win User

In-build keyboard is dead until restart

See HP Notebook PCs - Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows) in HP Customer Support - Knowledge Base.

The article provides step-by-step instructions on the topics:

• - Test the Keyboard

• - Pressing keys does nothing (keyboard is not working)

• - ...etc

Andra, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

1. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake" - Similar Threads - Dead keyboard monitor

2. Is the monitor dead?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is the monitor dead?: I have an LG 32 inch monitor. It uses a USB power cord. If I connect the USB power cord between the monitor and my computer and no monitor light turns on, does that mean the monitor is dead?
  3. Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors: So I accidentally disabled the driver for my monitors trying to fix the main monitor. The main monitor wasn't working and I made it worst with disabling the driver and killing the signal from my second monitor. No signal to my monitors so I can't see anything, how can I fix...
  4. After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    After monitor sleep awake, everything is frozen: Hello all, recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen (which is set for 3 minutes), everything is frozen - I type, it doesn't type, I move my mouse, nothing moves and then later after few seconds, minutes or too much...
  5. Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings: This has been an on and off problem with me for quite sometime, basically the problem is that randomly at times my monitors will just not go to sleep and stay awake - sometimes restarting the system works as a quick fix, sometimes it doesn't. I have manually went through the...
  6. Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings: This has been an on and off problem with me for quite sometime, basically the problem is that randomly at times my monitors will just not go to sleep and stay awake - sometimes restarting the system works as a quick fix, sometimes it doesn't. I have manually went through the...
  7. Windows 10 - Monitors staying awake despite settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
  8. Dead Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dead Keyboard: I spilled water on my keyboard and of course it is now dead. Would attaching an external keyboard work in allowing me to access all my 'stuff' which I cant access. now. TUVM...
  9. Keyboard dead during bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard dead during bootup: I'm trying to replace my old Dell keyboard with a G.Skill Ripjaws gaming keyboard. Unfortunately, it only works after the system boots up, which means I can't use function keys at bootup. I've written to G.Skill already. But just in case this problem is not a glitch in...
  10. Freeze on awake

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze on awake: Hey, Sometimes when my PC comes back up from hibernation (hybrid sleep enabled) it freezes so stiff that even the reset button stops working. The screen updates once so the clock widget on my taskbar shows the current time for a second. Sometimes the HDD light stays lit,...