Windows 10: Dead Keyboard

Discus and support Dead Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I spilled water on my keyboard and of course it is now dead. Would attaching an external keyboard work in allowing me to access all my 'stuff' which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PacoFlacco, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Dead Keyboard

I spilled water on my keyboard and of course it is now dead. Would attaching an external keyboard work in allowing me to access all my 'stuff' which I cant access. now. TUVM

:)

PacoFlacco, Dec 24, 2018

2. Experiences with a new keyboard

My first keyboard I ever got from them shipped with dead LEDs, wouldn't exactly say they ever stepped off with a good foot with their peripherals.

sneekypeet, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Dead Keyboard

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Dead Keyboard

1. Dead Keyboard - Similar Threads - Dead Keyboard

2. Why does my keyboard is dead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my keyboard is dead?: The keys for S, I and the whole set of numbers won't work and the backspace just write ] and p write [ I don't even know what is going on anymore. Please help me. I am desperate....
  3. Why does my keyboard is dead?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my keyboard is dead?: The keys for S, I and the whole set of numbers won't work and the backspace just write ] and p write [ I don't even know what is going on anymore. Please help me. I am desperate....
  4. Why does my keyboard is dead?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Us-International Keyboard Dead-Keys behave different all over windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Us-International Keyboard Dead-Keys behave different all over windows.: Hi,I've got a problem with my Windows Us-International Keyboard layout.Normally you press the dead-key " ' " followed up by an "o" to get a "ö".When I press the dead key in Google Chrome I get two quotationmarks with one press: ""This is normally when I press the dead-key on...
  6. Us-International Keyboard Dead-Keys behave different all over windows.

Us-International Keyboard Dead-Keys behave different all over windows.: Hi,I've got a problem with my Windows Us-International Keyboard layout.Normally you press the dead-key " ' " followed up by an "o" to get a "ö".When I press the dead key in Google Chrome I get two quotationmarks with one press: ""This is normally when I press the dead-key on...
  7. bit locker encryption on dead keyboard, mother board is ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker encryption on dead keyboard, mother board is ok: First, let me tell you that I'm a 65 year old with little technical knowledge so any answers need to be easy to understand please. I spilled Diet Pepsi on my all in one computer keyboard and killed it. When I took it and my new computer into Best Buy to do a data transfer...
  8. bit locker encryption on dead keyboard, mother board is ok

bit locker encryption on dead keyboard, mother board is ok: First, let me tell you that I'm a 65 year old with little technical knowledge so any answers need to be easy to understand please. I spilled Diet Pepsi on my all in one computer keyboard and killed it. When I took it and my new computer into Best Buy to do a data transfer...
  9. bit locker encryption on dead keyboard, mother board is ok

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Window 10 not loading and laptop keyboard is dead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 not loading and laptop keyboard is dead: I have an Acer Aspire 7250 laptop. It came with Windows 7 and i installed the free Windows 10 upgrade a few years ago. None of the keys are working, including function keys. At that time it would load Windows 10. That was the start of my problem. I did a hard shutdown and it...