Windows 10: Dead Keys ... how to undo these?

Discus and support Dead Keys ... how to undo these? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hail all:I have Windows in En-UK, but I use a US-International keyboard.Before, all was normal, never had issues with these settings, but all of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ben Robberecht, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Dead Keys ... how to undo these?

Hail all:I have Windows in En-UK, but I use a US-International keyboard.Before, all was normal, never had issues with these settings, but all of the sudden, I got "Dead Keys".Horrible thing, very, VERY irritating for me, as I now have to get used to not immediately seeing the results of my typing.So, I am trying to undo the keyboard "Dead Keys" such as there be: ', ", ... .Been looking allover Google, but the last few years, I never get the answers to the questions asked, instead, I get advertisements, "Product Key" results and whatnot.How can I resurrect the Dead Key function please?Thank y

:)

Ben Robberecht, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Nordel Win User

Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?

These
    Dead Keys ... how to undo these? 270902d1584550390t-dead-key-dead-start-up-then-turns-why-startups.jpg
    plus Dragon NaturallySpeaking.

Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I tried this just before seeing this reply from you.

Nordel, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Problems with dead keys on MKLC

Hello,

I’m using the Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 to create custom keyboard layouts that fit my typographic requirements. For the field that I study I need a lot of characters that aren’t available on the windows keyboard. I use dead keys to exploit a wider range
    of characters, but some of theese don't work out the way I want. For example, I have a key with the label ‘9’ that produces small capital letters like ᴀ, ʙ, ᴄ…. In an earlyer version the label was simply ‘ᴀ’, but every time I pressed the key the output would
    be ‘ᴀᴀ’, it was practically not a dead key but a zombie key.

Currently I’m rebuilding the greek polytonic keyboard, because I don’t like where the special characters are located in the original layout. Now the same problem occurs with nearly every diacritical mark.

When I press the keay for

• ´ (oxia, U+1ffd)
    • ᾿ (psili, U+1fbf)
    and so on, nothing happens but windows making a light tone. There a two exceptions:

1. ῏ (psili and perispomeni, U+1fcf) behaves like the small caps, which means the output is ‘῏῏’
    2. ΄ (tonos, U+0384), ͺ (iota subscript, U+037a), ̄ (macron, U+00af) and ̆ (breve, U+02d8) behave normally.

Are there special constraints to the dead keys that I’m not aware of? I have no idea why for example ῏ (psili and perispomeni, U+1fcf) ῟ (dasia and preispomeni, U+1fdf) would behave differently.

Thanks in advance

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Install & upgrade]

Johannes Schütz, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Dead Keys ... how to undo these?

Undo option in File Explorer

Hi Helena,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.

• Click on the drop down of Customize Quick Access Toolbar beside
      File Explorer.

• Click on Undo.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Dead Keys ... how to undo these?

1. Dead Keys ... how to undo these? - Similar Threads - Dead Keys undo

2. Dead Keys ... how to undo these?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Keys ... how to undo these?: Hail all:I have Windows in En-UK, but I use a US-International keyboard.Before, all was normal, never had issues with these settings, but all of the sudden, I got "Dead Keys".Horrible thing, very, VERY irritating for me, as I now have to get used to not immediately seeing the...
  3. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  4. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  5. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?: I originally posted this on the Hardware and Devices Forum, but perhaps that was the wrong place. At any rate, no one responded. Windows 10 version 1909 The problem appeared about three months ago. My keyboard layout is for the Icelandic language. It includes a dead key...
  7. Switching dead key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching dead key: Hi! Is there a way to change the dead key from '/" to `/~? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-dead-key/2f701169-f1bb-451b-af8d-a50f23b50aa0
  8. Dead keys

Dead keys: Windows 10 Home 1809 If I type a double quote " or a single quote ' or a carat ^ or a tilde ~ I need to touch another keyboard character after before it registers on screen. I know this behavior is call 'dead keys'. So, I search and find instructions to defeat the behavior....
  9. Problems with dead keys on MKLC

Problems with dead keys on MKLC: Hello, I’m using the Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 to create custom keyboard layouts that fit my typographic requirements. For the field that I study I need a lot of characters that aren’t available on the windows keyboard. I use dead keys to exploit a wider range of...
  10. Problems with dead keys on MKLC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with dead keys on MKLC: Hello, I’m using the Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 to create custom keyboard layouts that fit my typographic requirements. For the field that I study I need a lot of characters that aren’t available on the windows keyboard. I use dead keys to exploit a wider range of...