Windows 10: Dead Macbook's SSD for Windows PC

Discus and support Dead Macbook's SSD for Windows PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a dead Macbook Air and have removed the M.2 ssd. Can I use it for my windows PC attaching to Motherboard which has a spare m.2 slot. (for extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vikrant_, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Dead Macbook's SSD for Windows PC

I have a dead Macbook Air and have removed the M.2 ssd.

Can I use it for my windows PC attaching to Motherboard which has a spare m.2 slot. (for extra storage and not OS)

If yes, what are the steps I need to follow?

Please help

submitted by /u/vikrant_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vikrant_, Dec 4, 2020
  2. mstenholm Win User

Is my SSD dead?

It happened about a month ago so I'm can't remember the exact details of how it died. I think I restarted the PC and the message was there I had no OS. Today I popped in my mirrored HD and was up running. I hocked up the SSD and restarted the PC but no sign of the SSD. Power is on (Zalman “hot swap” case has a power LED for each disk). I tried to find it in DOS but the drive is no where to be found. Any suggestions for a next step? It 1½ month past RMA but the important thing is to retrieve some of the files.

Transcend 120 GB, part of the Noisy one in my sig

mstenholm, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp

Hi,

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro when used with a supported
    Mac. Here are the list that supports Windows 10:

• MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
    • MacBook Air (2012 and later)
    • MacBook (2015 and later)
    • iMac Pro (2017)iMac (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
    • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

We also suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Dead Macbook's SSD for Windows PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Dead Macbook's SSD for Windows PC

1. Dead Macbook's SSD for Windows PC - Similar Threads - Dead Macbook's SSD

2. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  3. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  4. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Macbook as webcam on the PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Macbook as webcam on the PC?: Hi, guys, I started streaming live on Twitch a couple days ago. Now I would like to use a camera, but I don't really want to invest money directly. Therefore my question: Can I connect my Macbook somehow as a live webcam to my PC (Windows 10) ? Unfortunately I have no other...
  6. Dead pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dead pc: My pc won’t turn onno fans or lights and this happened after 3 consecutive overheats. I replaced the cpu and the motherboard and am really not sure what is left. This is 100% a hardware issue. I know my pc pretty well but im bamboozled at this point...
  7. Dead pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dead pc: And by dead pc i mean no fans or lights. My computer overheated 1 too many times on a brand new game and it finally had enough. 75c was when it shut off btw. I really thought this was the cpu but after getting a replacement still nothing. I fear its the motherboard but there...
  8. Dead pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dead pc: My desktop pc has died, have tried all restore, reset ,safe mode, repair options none work, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-pc/ac61e1b4-3e84-40ae-a857-d936baa99289
  9. Dead PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dead PC: I recently lost the use of an additional HDD in my Dell XPS desktop. So I switched off the machine to check. Finding nothing obviously amiss, i boxed it up and switched the power on - to find it was totally dead. No problems with power cables or sockets and there is a yellow...
  10. PC always boots to BIOS (SSD dead / dying)

in Windows 10 Support
    PC always boots to BIOS (SSD dead / dying): Hi, I left my Windows 10 Pro PC alone for an hour or two a couple of nights ago. When I came back to it it had frozen. Totally unresponsive (but screen still displaying). I can't remember if I just used the power button to switch off, or actually turned it off at the PSU,...