Windows 10: Dead PC

Discus and support Dead PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently lost the use of an additional HDD in my Dell XPS desktop. So I switched off the machine to check. Finding nothing obviously amiss, i boxed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kashegan, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Kashegan Win User

Dead PC

I recently lost the use of an additional HDD in my Dell XPS desktop. So I switched off the machine to check. Finding nothing obviously amiss, i boxed it up and switched the power on - to find it was totally dead. No problems with power cables or sockets and there is a yellow led on the main-board that is lit, but no indication that the C:/ drive or fans are even attempting to start. Are there usually any fuses on motherboards that I can check?

:)

Kashegan, Jan 25, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Dead PC

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Dead PC

1. Dead PC - Similar Threads - Dead

2. Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...: Hi all,I went to log in to my computer and noticed it had been restarted so I figured it was some sort of mandatory update Windows had performed. Windows started like normal, but after a few minutes I got the Windows Blue Screen with the sad face. I allowed it to restart and...
  3. Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...: Hi all,I went to log in to my computer and noticed it had been restarted so I figured it was some sort of mandatory update Windows had performed. Windows started like normal, but after a few minutes I got the Windows Blue Screen with the sad face. I allowed it to restart and...
  4. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....
  5. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....
  6. Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?: HiI recently bought a Toshiba Encore Mini, I've always wanted to mess around with a Windows 8.1 tablet, but it has serious problems. It seemed to be working ok, but I noticed the battery will not charge. It's been at 0% all day, then It just randomly started shutting down....
  7. Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?

Can a dead battery cause a plugged in tablet to randomly shut down?: HiI recently bought a Toshiba Encore Mini, I've always wanted to mess around with a Windows 8.1 tablet, but it has serious problems. It seemed to be working ok, but I noticed the battery will not charge. It's been at 0% all day, then It just randomly started shutting down....
  8. Stolen Laptop Will not Lock. Also said battery dead when it was just Taken off charge!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Laptop Will not Lock. Also said battery dead when it was just Taken off charge!: How is it that Microsoft and the Government can track your device when it is dead, off, all location and information hidden, yet the option to lock or locate a device when it's just stolen and in sleep mode doesn't work at all!!No feedback is given to your email when...
  9. Stolen Laptop Will not Lock. Also said battery dead when it was just Taken off charge!

Stolen Laptop Will not Lock. Also said battery dead when it was just Taken off charge!: How is it that Microsoft and the Government can track your device when it is dead, off, all location and information hidden, yet the option to lock or locate a device when it's just stolen and in sleep mode doesn't work at all!!No feedback is given to your email when...
  10. Launch Error with Dead By Daylight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Launch Error with Dead By Daylight: This problem has only occured the other day which is why I'm very confused and worried. All of my other steam games that I have tested all work and correctly boot up. However, when I loaded up Dead by Daylight for a minute, before closing out the game and playing a different...