Windows 10: dead-space between tray icons and toolbars

Discus and support dead-space between tray icons and toolbars in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i just noticed on all 3 of my workstations that there is a new section of "dead space" between my toolbars and tray icons.moving/reordering the tray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wallymann, May 4, 2021.

1. wallymann Win User

dead-space between tray icons and toolbars

i just noticed on all 3 of my workstations that there is a new section of "dead space" between my toolbars and tray icons.moving/reordering the tray icons doesn nothing...they just re-sort and stay to the right end.and the toolbars are immovable. i can turn on 1 or 2 or 3 or N number of toolbars, but that dead-space remains.this has happened on all 3 of my laptops running win10...and i believe it started after i applied KB4023057: Update for Windows 10 Update Service componentshere's the dead-space:and here's the most recent update that apparently caused this:

:)

wallymann, May 4, 2021

2. Moving toolbars to next to System Tray with Windows 10

I have two custom toolbars on the Taskbar. With Windows 8.1, they are located in the right corner area just to left of the System Tray icons "up arrow". When I upgraded to Windows 10, there is about a 2 inch space between the toolbars and the System Tray
    icons "up arrow". How can I move the toolbars right next to the System Tray icons "up arrow" and not waste that space on the Taskbar?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

BarryKoopersmith, May 4, 2021
  3. System tray icon spacing in WIndows 10

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing some issue regarding Window 10 system tray icons. Let me help you.

I suggest you to go through the answer provided by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene
    and check.

Click on,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/tray-icons-reduce-spacing/93991e6b-5c53-4df5-af4e-3bdf3fde17fe

I hope the information helps. If you have further queries, please reply with the details. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, May 4, 2021
  4. dead-space between tray icons and toolbars

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 4, 2021
Thema:

dead-space between tray icons and toolbars

1. dead-space between tray icons and toolbars - Similar Threads - dead space between

2. Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing: I logged in one morning and the spacing of all the icons in my system tray has doubled. I can't recall whether there was a small Windows update that morning or not. I've searched online for a solution, but I've either found suggestion for 3rd party software no thanks or...
  3. Gap between icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gap between icons in system tray: Hello,I'm having trouble with a very annoying quirk in Windows 10. Below is a screenshot of my notification area on the taskbar with only the clock and power icons selected. The spacing looks normal and this is ultimately what I want, albeit with all icons that I want to show...
  4. Gap between icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between icons in system tray: Hello,I'm having trouble with a very annoying quirk in Windows 10. Below is a screenshot of my notification area on the taskbar with only the clock and power icons selected. The spacing looks normal and this is ultimately what I want, albeit with all icons that I want to show...
  5. Gap between icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons

Strange Spacing Between Taskbar Icons: I have recently been experiencing a bit of a problem on the taskbar on my computer. For some reason, when I open a program that isn't in the taskbar, there is a strange spacing between it and the taskbar icons, as if there's an invisible icon in between. Does anyone know how...
  7. How to reduce system tray icon spacing?

How to reduce system tray icon spacing?: My Windows 10 system tray looks like http://puu.sh/jB7xz/a2efac640e.png for both large or small taskbar icons. The spacing between systray icons are larger than in previous versions of Windows. Nearly everyone's screenshots of W10 have systrays that are more like...
  8. change spacing between icons in Settings

change spacing between icons in Settings: Is there a way to change spacing between these? I takes up the whole screen on a small laptop. [img] 94687
  9. Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar": hi there, unfortunately there is this 1 cm gap between my "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar" and i have searched on google but didn't find anything, have anyone has ever crossed such issue before? there... i added an screenshot, thank u very much for your attention....
  10. Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Large space between icons on bottom toolbar: Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right next to each other, the way they always have been? thanks! 7019

Users found this page by searching for:

1. distance between taskbar icons