Windows 10: Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.

Discus and support Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a dead "Age Of Empires : Definitive Edition" start menu entry which I cannot remove. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sumiran Anand, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.

I have a dead "Age Of Empires : Definitive Edition" start menu entry which I cannot remove.

Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game. 09ce0331-db97-43c4-9d3f-350b6479374f?upload=true.png

:)

Sumiran Anand, Mar 24, 2020

2. Duplicate ‘my office’ entries in start menu

Ok thanks. I tried uninstalling my office. That worked but left us with one entry that was dead still and cannot be uninstalled. So I just reinstalled it again to have a working app. But of course back to duplicate entries

EDIT actually the remaining my office entry was not dead. It still couldn’t be removed but clicking on it results in a fast white bar which then reinstalls ‘my office’ and gives you a working app. But it is a duplicate entry. The old entry stays but now becomes a dead entry in the start menu apps list. So whatever MS has done trying to transition from get office to my office has not cleaned up after itself properly

Scottyboy99, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.

Game won't uninstall

Hi Z3N1X,

In order to address your concern about uninstalling your game, you may consider the following troubleshooting suggestions:

Try clicking this
    link
    in order to access hidden auto starting images that have been added to your system. This will also help you delete an auto-start configuration entry with the use of its menu item or toolbar button.

Once you were able to delete that program, try checking in the services view if it is indeed deleted. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appear, type services.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check if the program can still be found.

Let us know the result for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.

1. Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game. - Similar Threads - Dead start menu

2. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu dead: My windows Start menu doesn't open not on click not on keypress. When I click on the notification panel it instantly crashes same goes for the background apps tab in the privacy settings. The start menu troubleshooter app says "Microsoft.ShellExperienceHost" and...
  3. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu dead: My windows Start menu doesn't open not on click not on keypress. When I click on the notification panel it instantly crashes same goes for the background apps tab in the privacy settings. The start menu troubleshooter app says "Microsoft.ShellExperienceHost" and...
  4. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Broken Start Menu entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Start Menu entries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zt79tg13vcv51.png?width=789&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebefe42b3912058296b64c96a73e6822f049e84b My start menu shows these after the update to Windows 10 2004. I did sfc /scannow and it did not find anything wrong. I checked the store and...
  6. Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown Start Menu Entry. Cannot delete or Uninstall: So I rarely scroll through the Start Menu because the letter jump and search functions eliminate the need for that. But recently I was tinkering with the Your Phone App that links my computer to my phone and I found an unknown entry. [ATTACH] I tried the following: 1.)...
  7. Holographic entry in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holographic entry in Start menu: After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called Holographic (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and a DistributedCom Error 10001 is logged in Events log. Searches for Holographic tell me this thing is related to Mixed...
  8. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...
  9. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu dead: So the issue that I am having is the start menu won't react, however Cortana does.... I have tried a second user account, restarting it several times, fsc /scannow (it said all good) and the Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  10. Double entries in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Double entries in start menu: Hi, I have the same problem in two different pc My start menu has some double entries (see picture) [img] and more I checked the start menu folders: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...