Windows 10: Dead windows partition

Discus and support Dead windows partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 from the original Win7 that came with my Dell PC. It's on its own partition on a 1 terabyte HDD. After the last upgrade, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mayagrafix, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Dead windows partition

I upgraded to Windows 10 from the original Win7 that came with my Dell PC. It's on its own partition on a 1 terabyte HDD. After the last upgrade, it died and will not boot. The auto repair screen options are no joy. However, using an external disk to boot I can access the win 10 partition (as well as the rest of the HDD) and all its docs no problems, so its not a re-format problem. Sounds like a NTLDR problem to me, how do I replace it?

:)

Mayagrafix, Dec 21, 2015
  2. Jay_77865 Win User

Repair Windows 10 install using Media Creation tool

I'm confused, how would I use easy data recovery on the laptop with the raw partition if i can't install windows?

Is the hdd dead if i can't fix the raw partition?

You're advising I do a clean install but I dont understand how if the raw partition is the problem. Isn't the raw partition the 298 gig hdd?

Jay_77865, Dec 21, 2015
  3. tiagula Win User
    U3 Support in Windows 10

This is about the dead U3 standard by SanDisk. I have an 8Gb USB stick with a 6Gb CD U3 partition on it. Will this be supported by Windows 10 or will only the 2Gb data partition be recognized? I want it to be a bootable, read only CD with one ISO file.

tiagula, Dec 21, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

Dead windows partition

Dending which error you are getting, try chkdsk /f /r

Although I recently had a non-boot due to bad clusters on the system partition - so if not already done, backup while you can.

Superfly, Dec 21, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would recommend you install Macrium Reflect Free on an operating computer and make a bootable Macrium Reflect Rescue USB/DVD/CD. Boot the problem computer from the Rescue disk and you can do two things with it - under the restore menu is an utility to fix boot problems. That might fix your problem, and it also can be used to make a image backup of your hard drive to an external drive as Superfly suggested.

Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Dec 21, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
Thema:

Dead windows partition

1. Dead windows partition - Similar Threads - Dead partition

2. Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.: Hello, ı have bought windows 8 pro Licence key at past and around 1 year later I have free upgraded it to windows 10. Now, that desktop computer has a severe problem with motherboard and not even starting. So that ı cannot reach windows to unregister the license key. Now I am...
  3. Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows licence key transfer from a dead pc to a new.: Hello, ı have bought windows 8 pro Licence key at past and around 1 year later I have free upgraded it to windows 10. Now, that desktop computer has a severe problem with motherboard and not even starting. So that ı cannot reach windows to unregister the license key. Now I am...
  4. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer: Hi there!I just had my desktop that was running on Win 10 I think stop turning on after a roof leak got it very wet. I went into a panic because I had a lot of legal documents on the desktop I know, I know...I just hadn't gotten around to backing them up because I'm an idiot....
  5. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer: Hi there!I just had my desktop that was running on Win 10 I think stop turning on after a roof leak got it very wet. I went into a panic because I had a lot of legal documents on the desktop I know, I know...I just hadn't gotten around to backing them up because I'm an idiot....
  6. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...: Hi all,I went to log in to my computer and noticed it had been restarted so I figured it was some sort of mandatory update Windows had performed. Windows started like normal, but after a few minutes I got the Windows Blue Screen with the sad face. I allowed it to restart and...
  8. Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...

Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...: Hi all,I went to log in to my computer and noticed it had been restarted so I figured it was some sort of mandatory update Windows had performed. Windows started like normal, but after a few minutes I got the Windows Blue Screen with the sad face. I allowed it to restart and...
  9. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....
  10. Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.

Acerr aspire 5 a515-43-r19l dead battery not charging after windows 11 FB5034765 update.: Acer model Aspire 5 A515-43-R19L dead battery won't charge after Windows 11 FB5034765 update. Checked power supply voltage 19.35 Laptop running slower than normal. Everything worked great before update....