Windows 10: Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.

Discus and support Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; About a week ago my computer components spontaneously decided they've lived far past their warranties. The PSU was the first to go, then the HDD (which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sean_Q_Kowski, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.

About a week ago my computer components spontaneously decided they've lived far past their warranties. The PSU was the first to go, then the HDD (which I backed up), then finally my motherboard. Pretty expensive week.

The transition to a new mobo went smoothly and everything seemed fine until I realized my copy of Windows 10 Pro was no longer valid. So, I follow the activation screen and meet activation error code 0x80072EFD. First hurdle.

I wait an hour and disable firewalls to try again - same result. Troubleshoot says nothing. I try the hardware change route and, once again, Windows won't budge. This process goes on for about another hour until out of desperation I try changing the product key to that of my Windows 7 installation before the free update to Windows 10. That succeeded... in changing the error to 0xC004C003. It wasn't the brightest idea, I know.

Much to my horror I'm starting to believe my understanding of how digital licenses work was flawed. I was under the impression the license was passively tied to my online account when in reality I needed to opt for that feature. Is this correct? If so, did my key just die with my motherboard, and is there no other way I can prove ownership at this point? I literally cannot afford a new license on top of everything else.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Sean_Q_Kowski, Apr 2, 2019

2. Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure

Hi Paty,

The Error 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic Failure may have occurred due to the recent change on your PC or the issue came from the USB Drive itself. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried to use the USB Drive and create a new folder on a different PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10: 0X8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure

On connecting my external hard drive whenever i am trying to create a new folder or even trying to copy or move any file from my pc to my external hard drive i am getting an error message of 0X8000FFF Catastrophic Failure. Please suggest me a solution
    as what should i do now.

RishabMehrotra, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.

Windows .NET Framework 4.7 Update Failed / Catastrophic Failure / 0x8000ffff

Hi Nick,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you are not able to install a specific update. This could be caused by missing update components or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you attempted to manually install the update and check if the same issue occurs?
    • We would also like to confirm what is the build number of Windows 10 that is installed in your computer?

As a initial recommendation, you can follow the steps provided by pvdg42 that is available through this

link
    to install the update manually and correct the error. The steps posted was for a previous version of
    Microsoft .NET Framework, but they still apply and all you need to do is use the latest version of the installer.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure.

1. Deadend After Catastrophic Motherboard Failure. - Similar Threads - Deadend Catastrophic Motherboard

2. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.: Hello,I currently have an Accelsior 4M2 installed in Windows in RAID 0. The issue is that when I tried to create a folder, I received this error: Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Error. I can see the files on the disk, but I cannot open, move, or copy files to another drive....
  3. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.: Hello,I currently have an Accelsior 4M2 installed in Windows in RAID 0. The issue is that when I tried to create a folder, I received this error: Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Error. I can see the files on the disk, but I cannot open, move, or copy files to another drive....
  4. Error 0x800FFFF: Catastrophic Failure.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft.Net Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFFE_UNEXPECTED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft.Net Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFFE_UNEXPECTED: I was just playing a video gameGuilty Gear Strive and this Error came out of no where.How do I fix this or should I even be worried in general?System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF E_UNEXPECTED at...
  6. Microsoft.Net Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFFE_UNEXPECTED

Microsoft.Net Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFFE_UNEXPECTED: I was just playing a video gameGuilty Gear Strive and this Error came out of no where.How do I fix this or should I even be worried in general?System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x8000FFFF: Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF E_UNEXPECTED at...
  7. error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure: upgraded to windows 11 couldn't write to non os drive removed bit locker now get error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure to all other drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8000ffff-catastrophic-failure/95425d4d-f281-4dad-b9ab-b24deeaa3746
  8. error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure

error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure: upgraded to windows 11 couldn't write to non os drive removed bit locker now get error 0x8000FFFF Catastrophic failure to all other drives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x8000ffff-catastrophic-failure/95425d4d-f281-4dad-b9ab-b24deeaa3746
  9. Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF": Catastrophic Failure Error 0x8000FFFF" Error MessageWhen I try to open a new folder I get this errorthen I tried to copy a file and got this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/catastrophic-failure-error-0x8000ffff/8e237cdb-1aad-4918-9795-cf1f72dd160b
  10. Catastrophic Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Catastrophic Failure: so ive been trying to let an app through my firewall and everytime i click to open it it says catastrophic failure.and ive been trying to find out why its doing that but i cant....