Windows 10: Deadlock Prevention

Discus and support Deadlock Prevention in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, How can i be sure Deadlock Prevention is On? Its a feature only for Enterprise Windows 10 version. Thanks. submitted by /u/benikalbindeara... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benikalbindeara, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Deadlock Prevention

Hi, How can i be sure Deadlock Prevention is On?

Its a feature only for Enterprise Windows 10 version.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/benikalbindeara
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/benikalbindeara, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

cross thread deadlock on win7

Cross thread deadlocks occur when each thread is waiting for the other to release a lock on a something they both use (not necessarily the same lock, but they each want to see a lock cleared before they continue).

On 7 , everything runs in it's own address space to prevent this exact problem (a rogue app/driver should not take down the OS explorer executabe).
    You may be looking at a re-install of the OS because something is !@#$'d.

Good luck.

Kreij, Nov 11, 2020
  3. PC constant deadlocking

Hello, i have a problem with my pc. The pc randomly deadlocks and i cant do anything except turning it off and back on, it even deadlocked when i was resetting my windows, in safe mode and when booting up the pc it deadlocks. the only time that it doesnt
    deadlock in is in the bios menu.

i tried the following to fix; none worked

checked the temps, they were fine

reinstalled windows and wiped my drives empty

startup repair

chkdsk command

windows memory diagnostics

resetting bios

running the pc with one stick of ram (i tried both sticks, no difference)

the pc can literally deadlock at any given time, without any stress being put on the pc, so no programs running no nothing just a random deadlock

and im thinking its definitely a hardware problem, the thing i want to know is what faulty hardware can cause this.

my psu fans spin normally, no strange sounds

my cpu fan doesnt make weird noises so its fine

the other options are the mobo, ssd i have windows on, the ram and my apu

these are my specs:

B450M S2H

Ryzen 3 2200G APU with vega 8 integrated

120gb ssd

coolermaster masterwatt lite 400w

2x4gb 3000mhz ram

someone pls help im getting frustrated

Ulysses272, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Deadlock Prevention

Computer Deadlocking

My computer deadlocks with no warning at random times. I have noticed that usually after this, if i go into update history, there is almost always a new "update installed" after hard resetting my computer. It seems that every time my computer deadlocks,
    the cause was an "update installed" Any fixes?

Lord Widdershins, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Deadlock Prevention

1. Deadlock Prevention - Similar Threads - Deadlock Prevention

2. My PC deadlocks even after doing Factory defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC deadlocks even after doing Factory defaults: Recently my whole PC freezes for no reason and at a random time, It happens once or twice per day. My PC It's not overheating, has no viruses and It doesn't have dust inside. This freezes are instantly, the screen stays the same but nothing works keyboard, mouse... basically...
  3. My PC deadlocks even after doing Factory defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC deadlocks even after doing Factory defaults: Recently my whole PC freezes for no reason and at a random time, It happens once or twice per day. My PC It's not overheating, has no viruses and It doesn't have dust inside. This freezes are instantly, the screen stays the same but nothing works keyboard, mouse... basically...
  4. My pc keeps deadlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps deadlocking: after changing my cpu's thermal paste because it kept crashing because of overheating my pc started deadlocking randomly. Sometime it crashes completly shortly after turning it on it freezes the screen and then shuts down and sometime while i'm working on something or...
  5. My pc keeps deadlocking

My pc keeps deadlocking: after changing my cpu's thermal paste because it kept crashing because of overheating my pc started deadlocking randomly. Sometime it crashes completly shortly after turning it on it freezes the screen and then shuts down and sometime while i'm working on something or...
  6. My Roblox Player won't start and keeps deadlock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Roblox Player won't start and keeps deadlock: whenever I try to load in Roblox it just puts a download screen and doesnt make a roblox tab pop up, it shows it to be incompatiable and for some reason deadlocks, it shows to be a black screen but cant load it in. How could i fix this issue?...
  7. My Roblox Player won't start and keeps deadlock

My Roblox Player won't start and keeps deadlock: whenever I try to load in Roblox it just puts a download screen and doesnt make a roblox tab pop up, it shows it to be incompatiable and for some reason deadlocks, it shows to be a black screen but cant load it in. How could i fix this issue?...
  8. My Pc keeps Deadlocking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc keeps Deadlocking: PC deadlocking, can't fix it.My computer has been deadlocking randomly without warning for a few months now. I've tried many fixes but none of them worked. I reset my PC and reinstalled Windows, and I am still experiencing deadlocks. I'm thinking it has to be a drivers issue,...
  9. My Pc keeps Deadlocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc keeps Deadlocking: PC deadlocking, can't fix it.My computer has been deadlocking randomly without warning for a few months now. I've tried many fixes but none of them worked. I reset my PC and reinstalled Windows, and I am still experiencing deadlocks. I'm thinking it has to be a drivers issue,...
  10. My Pc keeps Deadlocking

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows explorer cross thread deadlock