Windows 10: Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?

Discus and support Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry if this is in the wrong place. First post and I'm not sure where everything is yet. I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently after switching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lizzie, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Lizzie Win User

Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. First post and I'm not sure where everything is yet.

I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently after switching from linux. I ran windows 10 before and haven't had this issue.

I have an issue whenever I open any games in full screen where the middle to far right side of the screen is a deadzone (I get a normal cursor and can't control the game), and is only corrected when I press the windows key to return to the desktop and then opening the game again. I'm wondering what's causing this, and maybe a possible way to fix it?

Thanks!

:)

Lizzie, Nov 21, 2018

2. Games does not view in fullscreen mode in Windows 10

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will certainly help you with the issue.

To assist you better, please answer the questions below:

• Is the issue specific to particular game on Windows 10?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to reinstall the game and check if the screen gets maximized when it launches.

Please get back to us with the updated status, we will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 21, 2018
  3. fullscreen games on w10

anyone please tell me how to run games in fullscreen mode on windows10 bulid 14971 PC I can't play in fullscreen mode Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run? :(

nuzula firdaus, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Scirloc Win User

Windows 10 1709 (16299.309) has somehow disabled 'Fullscreen' in games.

I recently updated to 1709 and have found that games no longer have access to fullscreen mode.

Most games force me directly to Windowed mode, and no longer list Fullscreen in the enum. Some games still allow windowed fullscreen. Games that list the standard Fullscreen typically crash or post an error when I swap to that mode.

The only thing that has changed on my system is my OS version, and I've been using an otherwise identical setup for gaming for years.

Since updating windows, I updated my video drivers, which resolved nothing. Sadly I just passed my 1 week window to undo the windows 'upgrade'.

Scirloc, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run? - Similar Threads - Deadzone Fullscreen Games

2. Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deadzone in Fullscreen Games on Initial Run?: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. First post and I'm not sure where everything is yet. I installed Windows 10 on my laptop recently after switching from linux. I ran windows 10 before and haven't had this issue. I have an issue whenever I open any games in full screen...
  3. Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode: so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have good fps so its not a lag problem) when i move my character and mouse.I even reinstalled windows(10 Pro) and its still the same...
  4. All games blacking out in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All games blacking out in fullscreen mode: All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an option in the game. The issue occurs in fullscreen and windowed borderless mode, but doesn't in windowed mode. I've tried...
  5. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.: So recently i have been playing rainbow six siege a lot but my experience has been kind of ruined by this weird alt tab that keeps happening. It usually happens when i flick fast and click. I think my cursor somehow does something even tho its fullscreen and ive been testing...
  6. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...
  7. Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen fullscreen bug on certain games: Hi, just wondering if anyone had or have the same issue playing assassin's creed origin or any other Ubisoft games, here is the problem blackscreen game/intro/hard reset (no audio) ... blackscreen minimized/closed/(audio) hard reset only happens in fullscreen so i brought...
  8. Screensaver overrides fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver overrides fullscreen games: My screensaver (a custom one) has a tendency to override some, but probably not all, fullscreen games if I don't use the keyboard or mouse for long enough, for example if I'm watching a cutscene or using some non-mouse, non-keyboard controllers (gamepads, smartphones etc.)...
  9. Unable to Tab out of Fullscreen Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Tab out of Fullscreen Games: Hello, When I had Windows 7 I was able to press the Windows key to tab out of Fullscreen Games and Applications. With Windows 10 I am unable to tab out of Fullscreen Games and Applications. Is there a setting or something that I am missing? I have tried everything, Please...
  10. Prevent windows resizing when running lower res fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent windows resizing when running lower res fullscreen games: I have a laptop that has two graphics card (Intel Integrated 520 and GeForce 940M G), and not sure if it's the result of the first one, but whenever I run a new game it starts in a very low resolution. Most of the modern games support 1080p (my screen's native resolution),...