Windows 10: Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or...

Discus and support Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; These hangs are entirely random and cause me to get the "scan and repair" on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, a crash on Halo Infinite, costing me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Legion Infern0, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or...

These hangs are entirely random and cause me to get the "scan and repair" on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, a crash on Halo Infinite, costing me ranked games, Battle.net closes itself, and my entire system hangs. Hoping this info can be used to find the underlying cause for the instability. I'd appreciate any help you can provide. NOTE: Notice how all of these happen at literally the exact same time. Reliability history info is as follows: Source Search application Summary Stopped working Date ‎12/‎8/‎2022 12:49 AM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\Syste

:)

Legion Infern0, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Sichuan Win User

Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash

I'm at the end of the rope on trying to solve this problem. I am using a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and two internal drives, 500GB each. I have 408 GB of free space on the OS drive, which is Drive C. I am running a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64. I've been searching for solutions for days and I've already read the posts on this forum that concern my problem. I have yet to find a solution. This problem occurs with my Pale Moon and Edge browsers, which are both up to date, and my research indicates that the Chrome browser also experiences my problem for some users. I use Pale Moon at all times simply because I've found it to be the best browser available. I tried the Edge browser simply to see if the same browser hang problem occurred while using it, and it does. I didn't have this problem when I did an upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to Windows 10 Pro x64. My browsers worked perfectly. This problem only occurred after I did a reformat of the Hard Drive and did a clean installation of Windows Pro x64. The browser hangs every minute or less and the hangs several time a minute for about three to five seconds and then everything returns to normal . It freezes occasionally. It crashes but not often. It took me a very long time to compose this post due to all the hangs. Whenever the browsers hang the cooling fan sometimes increases and sometimes it does not. Although I cannot see the words I type while the browser hangs I can continue to type and the words will show once the hanging stops. I don't get black screens and I've never had to reboot. I simply have to wait.

Device Manager shows two display adapters, the top listing being Intel HD Graphics 3000 and the bottom listing shows NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M. Both adapters show that drivers are installed and list the version number. I've tried updating them in Device Manager and both show as having the latest drivers. I installed and ran the Intel Driver Utility and it shows "No Intel drivers discovered" on my system for the Intel adapter. NVIDIA states that my GeForce GT 555M adapter is not supported on Windows 10 and that they have no intention of providing a driver for my adapter for Windows 10. I don't appreciate NVIDIA's attitude but there's nothing I can do about it. I cannot install an older NVIDIA driver and even if I could I would not be able to run it in compatibility mode as others have tried and it's not possible.

I checked Dell's website for updated display adapter drivers but Dell states that they do not and will not support Windows 10. Don't ask me why because I don't know although it aggravates me immensely. My laptop certainly has the hardware to support Windows 10. I think that's a poor attitude for Dell to have. I currently have three Dell laptops and three Dell desktops. Dell will get no more business from me, although the company could probably care less. The Dell BIOS is version A19, which is the latest version for my laptop.

Many people solved their browser hang problems in Windows 10 in various ways but I don't suffer from any of their problems, which were associated with Acronis, dual monitors, the Chrome version of flash, virtual memory size, hardware acceleration, third party software, etc, etc, etc. Acronis is not installed because I had problems with every retail version of Acronis I own and therefore refuse to use it again. I am not running a second monitor. I don't use Chrome. My virtual memory has been set to 4000/8000 MB. I have disabled hardware acceleration in Adobe Flash. There is plenty of storage space in Adobe Flash. I have completely uninstalled Adobe Flash with the Flash Uninstall Utility, rebooted and the problem remains without Adobe Flash being installed. After reinstalling Adobe Flash the problem remains. The problem is not associated with my Microsoft mouse or the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. The mouse cursor will move during the times the browser hangs. I am not using any browser extensions. Using Clean Boot to diagnose the problem provided no relief. Doing a "Windows Repair" showed nothing to repair. sfc /scannow shows no problems with the file system. Kaspersky Internet Security is not causing the problem.

I apologize for the length of this post but I'd rather provide the information now instead of having many contributors to the forum ask me if I "did this" or "did that" or "it could be this" that causes it or "it could be that" that causes it.

I would like to solve the problem and continue to use Windows 10. Otherwise, I will be forced to go back to Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thank you in advance for your time and any assistance provided.
    Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or... [​IMG]

Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or... [​IMG]

Sichuan, Dec 8, 2022
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or...

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or...

1. Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or... - Similar Threads - Dealing crashes cause

2. Games & Browsers are freezing, before crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games & Browsers are freezing, before crashing: Hello community members, or to whom reads this,As the title says it all, I've been struggling with finding the source of freezing and crashing my games / browsers. This happened just two weeks ago, and I pretty much did what most websites did. I ran the memory check, changing...
  3. Games & Browsers are freezing, before crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games & Browsers are freezing, before crashing: Hello community members, or to whom reads this,As the title says it all, I've been struggling with finding the source of freezing and crashing my games / browsers. This happened just two weeks ago, and I pretty much did what most websites did. I ran the memory check, changing...
  4. Games & Browsers are freezing, before crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or...: These hangs are entirely random and cause me to get the "scan and repair" on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, a crash on Halo Infinite, costing me ranked games, Battle.net closes itself, and my entire system hangs. Hoping this info can be used to find the underlying cause for...
  6. Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or...

Dealing with crashes that cause games and browser to crash, hang, or freeze. Any info or...: These hangs are entirely random and cause me to get the "scan and repair" on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, a crash on Halo Infinite, costing me ranked games, Battle.net closes itself, and my entire system hangs. Hoping this info can be used to find the underlying cause for...
  7. Game hangs and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game hangs and crashes: The game has just been updated League of Legends and this version crashes while I'm in game.The reason I'm here is: LoL support will tell me "restart in safe mode/perhaps your system is too hot" without caring about the "it happens only in this version and I play a lot of ",...
  8. Game hangs and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hangs and crashes: The game has just been updated League of Legends and this version crashes while I'm in game.The reason I'm here is: LoL support will tell me "restart in safe mode/perhaps your system is too hot" without caring about the "it happens only in this version and I play a lot of ",...
  9. All Web Browsers Causes Windows to Freeze and Crash

All Web Browsers Causes Windows to Freeze and Crash: Hello!I am having an issue recently with my desktop in regards to my web browsers. Whenever I tried opening a web browser, Windows ended up freezing and restarts without any apparent reason. I tried reinstalling Windows and/or Google Chrome, but it still causes Windows to...
  10. Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash: I'm at the end of the rope on trying to solve this problem. I am using a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and two internal drives, 500GB each. I have 408 GB of free space on the OS drive, which is Drive C. I am running a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64....