Windows 10: Dealing with multiple BSODs

Discus and support Dealing with multiple BSODs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I’m using an ASUS Vivobook S14 laptop with Windows 10 Pro and recently it’s been giving me a lot of trouble and I had to deal with a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andreea827, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Dealing with multiple BSODs

Hello! I’m using an ASUS Vivobook S14 laptop with Windows 10 Pro and recently it’s been giving me a lot of trouble and I had to deal with a bunch of BSODs. First, I started getting a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod when I would leave my laptop on and not use it, be it with the lid closed or not. This bsod always freezes and would never restart the laptop or generate a dump file. I then started getting other bsods such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED plus others. In the past two weeks I’ve used it less than usual and now I’ve come to find that it also has problems with freezing. First everything would freeze except the cursor and then that would freeze too and I’ll have to force shut down the laptop. So, I decided to reinstall windows. After a fresh reinstall all the problems still remain. I’ve already ran a memtest and didn’t get any errors. The laptop is pretty much impossible to use as it will either freeze or get a bsod every 5 minutes or have the internet pages just crash a lot while I’m on them.

Here are the dumps from today, after reinstalling windows

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av_UMC5yGfAQmiAjUiTJwJVEehad?e=bkbvhI

The laptop is still under warranty, but I’d like that to be my last resort. However, I’m getting pretty desperate with the situation as nothing I tried seemed to be working and I couldn’t identify what is causing all of this myself.

:)

Andreea827, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Linney Win User

Multiple BSOD

Bug Check 0x1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Bug Check 0x1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT - Windows drivers

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs, accompanied by occasional app crashes/GPUTDR.

The relevant Parameter appears to be 0x41284 which means, A PTE or the working set list is corrupted, which in itself means nothing to most of us poor Windows users. I still wonder if this is not just bad RAM?

Is it possible to remove one stick of RAM for testing purposes and then test all sticks one at a time (that's is you have multiple sticks of RAM, otherwise it is a daft suggestion on my part).

Linney, Aug 5, 2019
  3. herrshaun Win User
    [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Dealing with multiple BSODs

Multiple unique BSODs after new hardware installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided by Likhitha on February 22, 2016 from the below link.

Multiple BSOD errors since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Dealing with multiple BSODs

1. Dealing with multiple BSODs - Similar Threads - Dealing multiple BSODs

2. Multiple BSoD and Multiple Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSoD and Multiple Errors: I get multiple around 15-20 in a single day BSoD with different kind of errors. And when I check the event viewer after the restart I get this type of error each time. I don't know what it is. A previous post I made about this error, people said something is wrong with my...
  3. Multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs: For the past few months, I've been having frequent BSODs with different error each time. . I tried multiple solutions which only aggravated the problem. Finally I decided to reset my PC which kinda stopped it for a while but it started reappearing again. Although the...
  4. Multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD: Hello! My PC is having recurring BSOD out of nowhere. It started being random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and PFN LIST CORRUPT, but this morning I also got a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK error. I tried different solutions found on Google with no results. The issue doesn't seem to have...
  5. Multiple BSODs

Multiple BSODs: Good day. Hope you can help me with my problems. My PC had multiple BSODs, but a fresh install of windows did not help "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL/ KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE/ SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION/ APC_INDEX_MISMATCH" here are the minidumps...
  6. Multiple BSOD

Multiple BSOD: Hello, I have been getting random BSOD every couple of days and have not been able to figure out the cause. No new changes have been made to the PC. I've had 3 BSOD today and am in need of help. I've used Windows Memory tool and found no issues and ran sfc /scannow which...
  7. Been dealing with near constant different BSODs

Been dealing with near constant different BSODs: I recently brought this PC this month and have been experiencing a few different BSODs some on startup, some after normal use, and one even in safe mode while trying to troubleshoot the issue myself. After a while, they became so frequent I reinstalled my windows installation...
  8. Multiple BSODs

Multiple BSODs: Hi, So I have been recently plagued by multiple bsods happening consistenly, and it's driving me insane. Some error are SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, BAD_POOL_HEADER, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and so on. This is usually...
  9. Multiple BSOD's

Multiple BSOD's: Hello, Last month i had my PSU replaced and added 2 RAM's since then i had some BSOD's related to ntoskrnl.exe (it might be not related to ram though) so i'm posting them here since i don't understand that much about these issues. Some of them are related to driver...
  10. Multiple BSODs

Multiple BSODs: For the past month I have had multiple BSODs. They generally happen during the first 15 mins of a game. Things I have done to try and remedy the situation. tested my ram with memtest and it comes out clean. Cleaned out PC reinstalled GPU drivers tried beta GPU drivers...