Windows 10: Dear Microsoft, bit locker and safemode

Discus and support Dear Microsoft, bit locker and safemode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please remove the annoying problem of having to unlock my bit locker locked drive by entering the recovery key, instead of the password. it is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rickybennett86, May 16, 2019.

1. Dear Microsoft, bit locker and safemode

Please remove the annoying problem of having to unlock my bit locker locked drive by entering the recovery key, instead of the password. it is very annoying to have to look up the recovery key when ever i try to boot in to safe mode because you wont let me unlock it with my password.

also please fix the problem of bit locker preventing attempt's to get to the recovery amd safe mode options. by this i mean at boot i push what keys need pushed to get to safemode duing bios boot, and then it asks me to unlock the drive then it proceeds to boot to windows completely ignoring my command to boot to recovery mode. when bit locker is on its dame near impossible to even get to safe mode.

:)

rickybennett86, May 16, 2019

2. Bit Locker

Dear Team,

Windows 10 OS Crashed.But when we try to recover its showing drive is locked.We are not enabled any bit locker option .

As per my observation previously after installing the OS all drives showing Lock Symbol.kindly suggest if any Default Password to unlock the drive.

Windows 10 is OEM with Dell

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

yogamahendranadh, May 16, 2019
  3. BIT LOCKER NOT OPEN

Dear Team

i did lock my drive with bit locker but now i have do format my laptop but bit locked drive not open even i have recovery key and also match id but key is getting in invalid

So please suggest how can i open my folder

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

RAHULVISHEWAKARMA, May 16, 2019
  4. Dear Microsoft, bit locker and safemode

Bit Locker Recovery Key

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What is the error message appears when you’re trying to enter a Bit locker key?
    2. What is the version of Windows 10 you have installed?
    3. What is the make and model number of your computer?

Issues might be happening because of entering Incorrect Bit Locker recovery key. Bit Locker key password will be a 48-digit alpha numeric characters.

However you may refer this article on how to find
    Bit Locker recovery
    key.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Dear Microsoft, bit locker and safemode

1. Dear Microsoft, bit locker and safemode - Similar Threads - Dear Microsoft bit

2. Bit-locker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit-locker: I have my account and device listed but when I go to the bit locker it says no key is there and I ha e no other way to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/1c767e1d-c2c4-4968-a5e4-abbe3f47129a
  3. Bit-locker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit-locker: I have my account and device listed but when I go to the bit locker it says no key is there and I ha e no other way to access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/1c767e1d-c2c4-4968-a5e4-abbe3f47129a
  4. Bit Locker

Bit Locker: I have a HP laptop that needs to be reconfigured, as Windows will not load. I was in troubleshooting mode, in a command prompt, trying to do a check disk, when it said the disk was locked by Bitlocker. I have no idea what the code is, and no way to get it off the PC since...
  5. Bit Locker

Bit Locker: My computer will not open without me putting in my bit locker number. How can I fix this? I have the number but when it goes to sleep or shuts off, it takes me to the bit locker screen to enter then number everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  6. Bit Locker

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bit Locker: My computer will not open without me putting in my bit locker number. How can I fix this? I have the number but when it goes to sleep or shuts off, it takes me to the bit locker screen to enter then number everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  7. Bit locker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bit locker: Hi, whilst deploying bitlocker on to my hard drive an error occurred, which has locked the drive. I have a key but it doesn't work. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/02fc44b9-55b0-402a-b560-6140ec581a46
  8. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bit Locker: I can't Access My drive. How can I fix the problem?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/4431a0c4-2db6-4ee9-83fc-fa4c16578153
  9. bit locker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bit locker: How do I turn on bitlocker for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/461aea9a-5011-4f29-9005-254c5d3ea402"
  10. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bit Locker: I use Bit Locker encryption on all of my Thumb drives that contain personal data. Has anyone else of late, noticed the slow down of Bit Locker USB full encryption process. 7-8hrs to encrypt a Sandisk 128 GB Thumb drive is ridiculous.*Sad 114692