Windows 10: Dear Microsoft, could you fix the broken Fast Startup on Windows 10?

Discus and support Dear Microsoft, could you fix the broken Fast Startup on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently Windows 10's Fast Startup has caused me major issues on two separate systems. And since I only have two systems... The first was on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ra[g]e, Dec 30, 2018.

1. ra[g]e Win User

Dear Microsoft, could you fix the broken Fast Startup on Windows 10?

Recently Windows 10's Fast Startup has caused me major issues on two separate systems. And since I only have two systems...

The first was on a Gigabyte Aero 15x laptop. When used in a certain way (i.e. my configuration with three external displays and a thunderbolt 3 dock), Fast Startup causes Windows 10 to hang at the login screen every time. Restarting the system temporarily disables Fast Startup and allows the system to boot to Windows.

The second was on my desktop PC. Fast Startup caused audio driver issues resulting in intermittent crackling and popping when listening to audio on background tabs on Chrome.

Both systems had the latest drivers and updates.

Each issue wasted hours and days of my time to troubleshoot and both of them led to the same cause.

Since both systems use NVMe SSDs, there isn't much time saving anyway with that broken feature.

If I could yell this very loudly at MS Devs, don't force enable a stupid feature with marginal benefits that causes stuff to break for random users when you have not ensured that its stable!!!

:)

ra[g]e, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Dear Microsoft, could you fix the broken Fast Startup on Windows 10?

Fast startup on windows 10 anniversary

Hi,

For step-by-step instructions in troubleshooting Startup issue, kindly refer to this

link

Should you have questions or clarifications, let us know.

Best regards,

Jeraldine Ase, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Dear Microsoft, could you fix the broken Fast Startup on Windows 10?

1. Dear Microsoft, could you fix the broken Fast Startup on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Dear Microsoft fix

2. Could you please fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could you please fix this: I put my laptop in safe boot and when it restarted it said pin isn’t available and my cursor is laggy how can I make my laptop normal again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-you-please-fix-this/6834618b-7cd7-45d5-8806-fb65fe5413d6
  3. Could you please fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could you please fix this: I put my laptop in safe boot and when it restarted it said pin isn’t available and my cursor is laggy how can I make my laptop normal again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-you-please-fix-this/6834618b-7cd7-45d5-8806-fb65fe5413d6
  4. Dear microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dear microsoft: My computer is facing BIOS issues, I don't know how to fix it, basically when I boot up my computer it shows gigabyte uefi dualbios not loading then it restarts then shows gigabyte uefi dualbios not loading again, its a loop..I hope I get a great solution to fix this.....
  5. Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix: After restart and modify regedit / group policy / power management I found this solution : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/fast-startup-causes-system-hibernation-shutdown-failTo fix the bug of the Fast Startup just run this :Shutdown /s...
  6. Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown won't with Fast Startup fix: After restart and modify regedit / group policy / power management I found this solution : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/deployment/fast-startup-causes-system-hibernation-shutdown-failTo fix the bug of the Fast Startup just run this :Shutdown /s...
  7. Dear Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dear Microsoft: I purchased Windows 10 Pro specifically because it played DVD’s, it had a built-in DVD player, my partner and I recorded a lot of TV shows. My partner passed away in July 2020, after nearly 24 years together, so I thought I would re-live a few old memories by watching the...
  8. Dear Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dear Microsoft: Recently I have lost my account on Minecraft Dungeons. I have proof of the items I had as before the night before I was showing to my friends. I wake up the next day and my stuff is gone. Is it possible to get the account i spent hours on back. Here is the proof anyway please...
  9. Dear microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dear microsoft: I am using a laptop with windows 10 that previously my brother was using it with Win 10 in spanish and when he gave it to me i wanted to change it to engllish so i downloaded the englishUS language package set it as default an deleted all the spanish language packages in it...
  10. Dear Microsoft,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dear Microsoft,: This is probably the best place to reach you considering this is a website for questions. Now my question is simple, I know that you are a big tech company, so big in fact, most computers are powered by windows. That being said, one of the most enjoyable things about windows...