Windows 10: Dear Windows 10 developers, Please add the feature to Windows to Set a list of apps that...

Discus and support Dear Windows 10 developers, Please add the feature to Windows to Set a list of apps that... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is this even possible or has it been developed earlier and I don't know about it!? submitted by /u/KingSadra [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KingSadra, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Dear Windows 10 developers, Please add the feature to Windows to Set a list of apps that...

Is this even possible or has it been developed earlier and I don't know about it!?

submitted by /u/KingSadra
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KingSadra, Jan 2, 2022

2. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Dear Windows 10 developers, Please add the feature to Windows to Set a list of apps that... [​IMG]

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Jan 2, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Dear Windows 10 developers, Please add the feature to Windows to Set a list of apps that...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2022
Thema:

Dear Windows 10 developers, Please add the feature to Windows to Set a list of apps that...

1. Dear Windows 10 developers, Please add the feature to Windows to Set a list of apps that... - Similar Threads - Dear developers Please

2. Please add this feature...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please add this feature...: I just got my new Windows 11 laptop and I love everything about it, except, the taskbar is on the bottom - and can only be on the bottom. I'm disabled and it's really hard to use the taskbar on the bottom. On the top of the screen is best but at this point left or right would...
  3. Please add this feature...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please add this feature...: I just got my new Windows 11 laptop and I love everything about it, except, the taskbar is on the bottom - and can only be on the bottom. I'm disabled and it's really hard to use the taskbar on the bottom. On the top of the screen is best but at this point left or right would...
  4. Microsoft developers = please, please, add a feature so we can choose whether to keep the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft developers = please, please, add a feature so we can choose whether to keep the...: When you copy and paste data in Word, you get the choice to keep original formatting, use destination formatting, copy text only, etc. Is it really that difficult to create a similar choice for copying files. It drives me CRAZY that when I copy files, or save attachments from...
  5. Microsoft developers = please, please, add a feature so we can choose whether to keep the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft developers = please, please, add a feature so we can choose whether to keep the...: When you copy and paste data in Word, you get the choice to keep original formatting, use destination formatting, copy text only, etc. Is it really that difficult to create a similar choice for copying files. It drives me CRAZY that when I copy files, or save attachments from...
  6. Microsoft developers = please, please, add a feature so we can choose whether to keep the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Dear Microsoft, Please ensure that Windows 10 1903 Deployment features are thouroughly...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dear Microsoft, Please ensure that Windows 10 1903 Deployment features are thouroughly...: Seriously... This is a newly installed Windows Preinstallation Environment Windows 10 Assessment and Deployment Toolkit 18362.1 [ATTACH] Now I am quoting the following from https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4498523/windows-10-update-kb4498523 Servicing stack...
  8. The 'Uninstall' Tab is disabled in Start>Settings>Apps & Features>Listed Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The 'Uninstall' Tab is disabled in Start>Settings>Apps & Features>Listed Apps in Windows 10: Hi, I want to Uninstall an App from Windows 10, but when I go to Start> Settings> App & Features, the 'Uninstall' tab is disabled. How to enable that? I tried to Restart the PC twice. Please help. Thankyou....
  9. Dear WIN10 Developers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dear WIN10 Developers: Could you please somehow increase the time it takes for my machine to upgrade from the WIN10 v1803 to v1809? See, I really feel that the longer it takes, the more I feel I'm getting out of it and the 6 hours (and counting) it's spent downloading, installing, and now sitting...
  10. Add App Intelligence Tools: Apteligent for Windows 10 App Development

in Windows 10 News
    Add App Intelligence Tools: Apteligent for Windows 10 App Development: In an effort to expand their user base and brand, developers are deploying on more devices and more platforms every day. This can expose more issues in your apps and more complexity in resolving them. More platforms, more devices, more users, more issues. It comes with the...