Windows 10: Death in the family

Discus and support Death in the family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My mother has died and I don't have the pin or password to the laptop I lent her. I thought I changed the pin but it did not work what do I have to do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Waderoll, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Waderoll Win User

Death in the family

My mother has died and I don't have the pin or password to the laptop I lent her. I thought I changed the pin but it did not work what do I have to do and what do I have to do to bring it back into my MS account.

Wade

:)

Waderoll, Feb 8, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Death in the family

Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Death in the family

1. Death in the family - Similar Threads - Death family

2. Blue Screen of Death DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe: As of recent, shortly after I turn on my laptop, I get a blue screen with the message "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". After looking at it in blue screen viewer it says that "ntoskrnl.exe" (ntoskrnl.exe+2eb207) is the source of my issues. Any help would be greatly...
  3. Blue Screen of Death (Uncorrectable WHEA Error)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen of Death (Uncorrectable WHEA Error): Hello, Lately, when ever I launch any graphic intensive games on my computer, I can play for a minutes before I get the BSOD. Does anyone know what the issue is based on my error message below? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:...
  4. Blue screen of death, locked out of WinRE.

Blue screen of death, locked out of WinRE.: I used a different wireless mouse with my computer than normal. On next startup, I was met with the blue screen of death. I got different messages each time, but they all had one thing in common, a driver issue. It has to have been the mouse driver. So, I tried to get into...
  5. Blue screen of death repair loop (stuck)

Blue screen of death repair loop (stuck): Hi i really need some help i have been stuck now for five days in the blue screen of death repair loop ever since my laptop forced me tp do an update when i shut the pc down as i didnt have a choice becuase of the shutdown button saying update and shutdown .. Its wrong we...
  6. Windows 10 Home Bluescreen of Death with hal.dll and pshed.dll

Windows 10 Home Bluescreen of Death with hal.dll and pshed.dll: I have this issue since last few weeks. I had reported this to Dell Support and they have replaced Motherboard and Graphics Card but still it has same issue. When I installed Windows 7 Pro OS on same PC, it was stable but why should I use Windows 7 anymore. I am getting...
  7. Black screen of death.

Black screen of death.: Been having issues of random bsod. Either it goes black and lose audio/keyboard lights (needs to have psu turned off manually) or more rarely just resets. Nothing shows up for event viewer, its not the monitor (dual screens and multiple cables to test). Have already...
  8. Blue screen of death info

Blue screen of death info: hi there, i am just another customer and consumer of windows computer products and just would like to ask a question regarding information about the different types of blue screens and what are the causes which google doesnt have anything close to what i want to know thus...
  9. Blue Screen Of Death

Blue Screen Of Death: Hi The BSOD error is not a common occurrence for me. This only happens when I try to run a specific game, not for anything else. I have every driver up-to-date and I scanned my PC and have NO viruses. [ATTACH] The Screen says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to...
  10. Faced Blue Screen of Death

Faced Blue Screen of Death: Today I turned ON my PC to face the Blue Screen of Death. My laptop restarted and then it worked fine. I recall that last night, my laptop got stuck and it was not responding, so I had to forcibly restart it. The minidump file for this event could be found on the following...