Windows 10: debug file appearing on the desktop

Discus and support debug file appearing on the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; type - text document.log opens with - notepad file after opening it displays the following information:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sneha_j, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Sneha_j Win User

debug file appearing on the desktop

type - text document.log

opens with - notepad file

after opening it displays the following information:

[1020/122331.587:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3

:)

Sneha_j, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Argel Obm Win User

I found a text file called "debug" on my desktop

Hi Kyle,

Kindly answer the following questions for us to better understand your concern:

• When did you start noticing the debug text file on your desktop?
    • Any changes to your computer before you noticed the debug text file?
    • Do you experience difficulty using the computer after you noticed the debug text file?
    • Are you getting any error messages after you noticed the debug text file?
    • Where did you see the long information that you posted? Is it inside the debug text file?
    • Is the debug opening automatically when you boot up your computer?
    Hope to hear from you soon

Argel Obm, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    debug

Hello,

It seems that the debug file on your desktop is created when your device did its weekly cleanup process. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you using a 3rd party app to schedule the clean up?
    • Is this the first time that the debug file shows on your desktop?
    • Do you have a 3rd party app or a plugin for instant messaging service?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Oct 21, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. debug file appearing on the desktop - Similar Threads - debug file appearing

2. Debug file on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file on my desktop: Hello, There is a debug file on my desktop which shows [0102/001231.925:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] this error. I have been trying to find the cause of the error but I could not do so which finally lead me to ask help for the Microsoft team. Plz help me out I have been...
  3. Debug note file keeps appearing on desktop for two months

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Debug note file keeps appearing on desktop for two months: Once I deleted my OneDrive and got it back debug keeps appearing on my files when I open google chrome for 10 minutes. I tried deleting the crashpad from chrome's files but didn't help. The crashpad folder keeps appearing once I open google chrome I tried everything nothing...
  4. "debug" keeps appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "debug" keeps appearing on desktop: [ATTACH] This "debug" thing keeps appearing on my desktop every now and then for no apparent reason. What is it and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance. https://preview.redd.it/x5ylzwq673y51.png?width=94&format=png&auto=webp&s=6357ff91a5b4e16d4d8b5f9f76a4161d5ea4b8c4...
  5. Debug file appearing on desktop screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file appearing on desktop screen.: hey there, sometimes when i open my laptop it sometimes shows an notepad file name "Debug" when i open it some text is written there. [1026/185000.214:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 this it the text...
  6. random debug file on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random debug file on desktop: a random debug.txt file appeared on my desktop while using chrome. Nothing else was open except for GeForce experience. the only thing in that file was this: [1007/214047.989:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3)...
  7. .txt file called "debug" is popping on desktop

.txt file called "debug" is popping on desktop: So I have a problem. A file popped in desktop called "debug". I throw it in the bin and empty it by after a boot it pops up again. Here's what it says: [0924/175923.743:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc469] failed to stat report...
  8. Debug. Txt desktop file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Debug. Txt desktop file: So, i was using my laptop yesterday and came upon a suspicious looking file on my desktop named “Debug.txt” I decided not to open it as I suspect it is a virus. I ran multiple Windows Defender scans and nothing showed up. I have not downloaded anything of late and therefore...
  9. debug appearing on my computer

debug appearing on my computer: there is a debug file on my computer, after a while I decided to delete it, however it came back 1 day later. Whenever I open the debug file it says the following: "[0917/170856.991:ERROR:settings.cc320] Settings magic is not 1129342067" I don't know what this could be,...
  10. Mat-Debug FILES appearing in temp folders WHAT are these

Mat-Debug FILES appearing in temp folders WHAT are these: There are hundreds of these files appearing in my temp folders. what are they and how do I get rid of them? Mat-debug files are followed by a series of numbers....