Windows 10: Debug file problem

Discus and support Debug file problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I got a debug file and I got help by someone and he told me I had to re-download chrome or any web browser built on the Chromium Engine but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LuZhao4, Oct 12, 2020.

1. LuZhao4 Win User

Debug file problem

Yesterday I got a debug file and I got help by someone and he told me I had to re-download chrome or any web browser built on the Chromium Engine but today after I re-downloaded my browser I got the same debug file that said the same thing [1012/122031.136:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3

:)

LuZhao4, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Haynesk Win User
    DLL FILE DEBUG

For some reason I cannot register a .dll file. I've verified the file path but it fails. What steps to debug the file??

Haynesk, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Debug file problem

Debugging Tools problem

I want to open dump file but debugging tool give me an error about ntkrnlpa.exe.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\052109-15319-01.dmp]
    Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: C:\Symbols
    Executable search path is:
    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntkrnlpa.exe
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntkrnlpa.exe
    Windows 7 Kernel Version 7100 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
    Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
    Built by: 7100.0.x86fre.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700
    Machine Name:
    Kernel base = 0x82a14000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82b5c810
    Debug session time: Thu May 21 17:15:42.549 2009 (GMT+3)
    System Uptime: 0 days 0:39:09.110
    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntkrnlpa.exe
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntkrnlpa.exe
    Loading Kernel Symbols
    Loading User Symbols
    Loading unloaded module list

what is that ntkrnlpa.exe?
    and how i can fix the problem?

snakeeater, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Debug file problem

1. Debug file problem - Similar Threads - Debug file problem

2. what is this debug file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this debug file: So i was using google chrome and i exit and i saw this weird debug file in my desktop i researched on the internet and they have the same problem but they use windows edge i dont really use Edge but i dont know if the problem is caused by chrome or windows Edge Please...
  3. A debug file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A debug file: So there is a file on my desktop that is simply called Debug. I can't get rid of it. every time I try to delete it, it says that it's already running in google. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-debug-file/242c2ec3-bbc6-47e2-a000-4c3a7c93309e
  4. debug file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    debug file: After windows update every day as I switch on the lap I find the file debug. All the time I delete it but it appears again after restart. It is a notepad file it contains the below code [1017/205630.973:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find...
  5. Debug file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file: There is a debug file on my desktop. It says : [1016/145258.052:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 What should I do? Everytime I turn on my PC it says scanning and repairing drive C while booting then after few...
  6. Unknown Debug file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Debug file: When ever I open a pdf file using Microsoft Edge, there is a 'debug.log' file also created. In the debug file " [1011/122148.473:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 " What is going on in my laptop??? and how to...
  7. Debug file TXT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file TXT: [1011/110901.130:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Every time I open a pdf file via Microsoft edge, I get this debug file. I tried deleting it but it comes up again when I open the pdf. When I am reading through...
  8. Windows Debug password file

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Debug password file: Hello. I'm new here. The PSSWD file in Windows>debug keeps acting like it's trying to change my password every time I log in. It looks like this : 08/26 11:00:08 Attempting password change server/domain DESKTOP-147RUQC for user Administrator 08/26 11:00:08...
  9. DLL FILE DEBUG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL FILE DEBUG: For some reason I cannot register a .dll file. I've verified the file path but it fails. What steps to debug the file?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-file-debug/0060a58b-d105-413e-8715-69f4e2a1023f
  10. How to debug hang problem?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to debug hang problem?: It may not be right to ask here. I know that BSOD will have ramdump for debugging, but what if computer hangs? neither mouse nor keyboard is working, in this case, how can i debug the problem? 32994

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thunderbird ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3)

2. ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3)