Windows 10: "debug" keeps appearing on desktop

Discus and support "debug" keeps appearing on desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This "debug" thing keeps appearing on my desktop every now and then for no apparent reason. What is it and how can I fix it? Thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Advanced_Sun_8147, Nov 8, 2020.

1. "debug" keeps appearing on desktop

/u/Advanced_Sun_8147, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    debug

Hello,

It seems that the debug file on your desktop is created when your device did its weekly cleanup process. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you using a 3rd party app to schedule the clean up?
    • Is this the first time that the debug file shows on your desktop?
    • Do you have a 3rd party app or a plugin for instant messaging service?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 8, 2020
  4. "debug" keeps appearing on desktop

Debug notepad document appearing in home screen

I've had a random "Debug" notepad file appear on my desktop after working in some word files. Why does this happen and how can I fix it so it doesn't keep happening? If I open the debug, here is what it states:

[0207/105610:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(305)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale

[0207/105610:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(722)] Could not load locale pak for en-US

[0207/105610:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(503)] locale resources are not loaded

Christy Weber, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

"debug" keeps appearing on desktop

1. "debug" keeps appearing on desktop - Similar Threads - debug keeps appearing

2. Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders Keep appearing on my Desktop: Hi,Somewhere I must have deleted the Downloads and Custom Office Templates folders. Everyday, the 2 folders appear on my Desktop.I do see Download folder in Default, Public and my user account. Nothing on Custom Office Templates in any of them.How do I get rid of the ones...
  3. DLL Files Keeps Appearing On Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DLL Files Keeps Appearing On Desktop: Good day y'all! I've been having this annoying but "harmless" issue for awhile now and at first I just ignored it but it bothered me after awhile even after windows updates. I have this dll file that keeps appearing on my desktop everytime and even after I delete it, it...
  4. Debug note file keeps appearing on desktop for two months

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Debug note file keeps appearing on desktop for two months: Once I deleted my OneDrive and got it back debug keeps appearing on my files when I open google chrome for 10 minutes. I tried deleting the crashpad from chrome's files but didn't help. The crashpad folder keeps appearing once I open google chrome I tried everything nothing...
  5. Debug showing on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug showing on the desktop: The desktop is showing a debug file . It is showing : [1122/013654.684:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3...
  6. Debug file appearing on desktop screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file appearing on desktop screen.: hey there, sometimes when i open my laptop it sometimes shows an notepad file name "Debug" when i open it some text is written there. [1026/185000.214:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 this it the text...
  7. debug file appearing on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug file appearing on the desktop: type - text document.log opens with - notepad file after opening it displays the following information: [1020/122331.587:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3...
  8. debug appearing on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    debug appearing on my computer: there is a debug file on my computer, after a while I decided to delete it, however it came back 1 day later. Whenever I open the debug file it says the following: "[0917/170856.991:ERROR:settings.cc320] Settings magic is not 1129342067" I don't know what this could be,...
  9. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

Icons keep appearing on my Desktop: Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep...
  10. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....