Windows 10: Debug note

Discus and support Debug note in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys Recently I saw a debug note on my desktop I think it shown up because I did CHKDSK for my Windows 10 and also I checked local disk C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShamsAkeel, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Debug note

Hey guys

Recently I saw a debug note on my desktop

I think it shown up because I did CHKDSK for my Windows 10

and also I checked local disk C

Anyway the debug note says:

[1011/024438.117:ERROR:settings.cc430] Settings version is not 5

What does that mean? I will very appreciate your opinions

:)

ShamsAkeel, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 11, 2020
  3. I get "just-in-time (JIT) debugging" message

Hi,

Just-In-Time debugging launches Visual Studio automatically when an exception or crash occurs in an application that is running outside Visual Studio. We suggest changing certain settings on your computer and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • Click Internet Options.
    • Go to Advanced tab.
    • Under Browsing section, check the box for both Disable script debugging option.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    For more reference about Just-In-Time Debugger, click on this link.

Update us on the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Debug note

Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Debug note

1. Debug note - Similar Threads - Debug note

2. Intermittent error when using symstore to upload debug symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent error when using symstore to upload debug symbols: Hi,We're seeing some intermittent errors when trying to use symstore to upload debug symbols to a shared drive in our CI system. The output from the commandSYMSTORE MESSAGE: 0 alternate indexers registered SYMSTORE MESSAGE: LastId.txt reported id 0 SYMSTORE MESSAGE:...
  3. Intermittent error when using symstore to upload debug symbols

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent error when using symstore to upload debug symbols: Hi,We're seeing some intermittent errors when trying to use symstore to upload debug symbols to a shared drive in our CI system. The output from the commandSYMSTORE MESSAGE: 0 alternate indexers registered SYMSTORE MESSAGE: LastId.txt reported id 0 SYMSTORE MESSAGE:...
  4. Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.: I'm encountering an error when launching some apps. Are there any ways to fix it?---------------------------------------------------------------See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception...
  5. Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.: I'm encountering an error when launching some apps. Are there any ways to fix it?---------------------------------------------------------------See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception...
  6. Microsoft .NET Framework encounters JIT debugging error when launching some apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. cant use usb debugging on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant use usb debugging on windows 11: I am trying to connect my android device to my windows 11 laptop and the laptop cant detect the phone that is connected. I tried different USB cables and phones and nothing happens. If any of you know fixes please let me know, I need this to work for my school projects as we...
  8. Debug note appears on my PC desktop when opening Roblox and starting a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Debug note appears on my PC desktop when opening Roblox and starting a game: Everytime i load Roblox and get into a game, a Debug Notepad file appears on my desktop. Saying the following - [0113/210434.434:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 [0114/012216.852:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43]...
  9. Debug note file keeps appearing on desktop for two months

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Debug note file keeps appearing on desktop for two months: Once I deleted my OneDrive and got it back debug keeps appearing on my files when I open google chrome for 10 minutes. I tried deleting the crashpad from chrome's files but didn't help. The crashpad folder keeps appearing once I open google chrome I tried everything nothing...
  10. My Computer Has a debug note on my desktop and I don't know why???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Has a debug note on my desktop and I don't know why???: The Debug note says Error Window.cc //1/3/4/5..," and I cant figure it out, Maybe its nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-a-debug-note-on-my-desktop-and-i/44912866-6bd0-47e1-8ce6-afafacbae5ed