Windows 10: Debug notepad document appearing in home screen

Discus and support Debug notepad document appearing in home screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had a random "Debug" notepad file appear on my desktop after working in some word files. Why does this happen and how can I fix it so it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christy Weber, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Debug notepad document appearing in home screen

I've had a random "Debug" notepad file appear on my desktop after working in some word files. Why does this happen and how can I fix it so it doesn't keep happening? If I open the debug, here is what it states:

[0207/105610:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc305] locale_file_path.empty for locale

[0207/105610:ERROR:main_delegate.cc722] Could not load locale pak for en-US

[0207/105610:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc503] locale resources are not loaded

:)

Christy Weber, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Bree, Feb 7, 2020
  3. debug-notepad

I have the same issue, right after I installed Quicken 2017, the notepad showed up on my desktop with the word debug on it?

ServantOTMHG, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Debug notepad document appearing in home screen

how can edit the format of documents in notepad

Hi Ramon,

We understand that you'd like to edit the format of documents using Notepad application.

If you're trying to open an Office document like Word or Excel using Notepad, be informed that since the app only detect pure text, it will lose all the format and objects originally came with the document.

You can follow these steps to open a document in Notepad:

1. Right-click the document file.

2. Select Open With, and select Notepad. If not its not on the list, click
    Choose another app.

3. Select Notepad, and click OK.

Kindly post back if you have further concerns.

Romel Ram, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Debug notepad document appearing in home screen

1. Debug notepad document appearing in home screen - Similar Threads - Debug notepad document

2. "debug" keeps appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "debug" keeps appearing on desktop: [ATTACH] This "debug" thing keeps appearing on my desktop every now and then for no apparent reason. What is it and how can I fix it? Thanks in advance. https://preview.redd.it/x5ylzwq673y51.png?width=94&format=png&auto=webp&s=6357ff91a5b4e16d4d8b5f9f76a4161d5ea4b8c4...
  3. Debug file appearing on desktop screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file appearing on desktop screen.: hey there, sometimes when i open my laptop it sometimes shows an notepad file name "Debug" when i open it some text is written there. [1026/185000.214:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 this it the text...
  4. Debug Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Debug Notepad: Hi! Recently I have been getting issues with this debug notepad and it has really been bothering me, is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/debug-notepad/9733acc8-44ae-4138-b009-bc1fb7bc8502
  5. Debug notepad

Debug notepad: I just got this log entry and my pc also is booting very slow even after optimizing it as much as I can It would be very kind of you to tell me what to do next I have tried every fix from startup apps to virtual memory and paging file [0918/142031.926:ERROR:file_io.cc90]...
  6. debug appearing on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    debug appearing on my computer: there is a debug file on my computer, after a while I decided to delete it, however it came back 1 day later. Whenever I open the debug file it says the following: "[0917/170856.991:ERROR:settings.cc320] Settings magic is not 1129342067" I don't know what this could be,...
  7. Debug Notepad

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Debug Notepad: I got a random debug notepad on my desktop unsure what it is. Can you help? [0815/145151.722:ERROR:process_reader_win.cc127] NtOpenThread: {Access Denied} A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. 0xc0000022...
  8. debug-file-opens-in-notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug-file-opens-in-notepad: A notepad file text below opens up whenever I boot up my desktop computer. What does it mean? How do I deal with this? [0312/211005.586:ERROR:process_info.cc329] VirtualQueryEx: Access is denied. 0x5 [0312/211005.587:ERROR:process_info.cc556] ReadMemoryInfo failed...
  9. Debug Notepad

Debug Notepad: Debug Notepad suddenly showed up on my desktop. I am not sure why. The following is what it included. is this something I need to be concerned about. Please help. Thank you. Bark K *** Email address is removed for privacy *** [0710/211441.826:ERROR:file_io.cc(89)]...
  10. Notepad document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad document: Help Help Help My daughters notepad document has turned into the below. I desperately need to retrieve, any help would be much appreciated! ###################################################################################...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. debug notepad on desktop

2. debug file appears on desktop windows 10

3. what is debug notepad

4. debug - notepad,
  5. windows debug notepad on home screen,
  6. why is there a debug notepad on my computer,
  7. debug notepad,
  8. should I be worried about debug appearing in windows?