Windows 10: Debug. Txt desktop file

Discus and support Debug. Txt desktop file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, i was using my laptop yesterday and came upon a suspicious looking file on my desktop named “Debug.txt” I decided not to open it as I suspect it is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MilesDollt, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Debug. Txt desktop file

So, i was using my laptop yesterday and came upon a suspicious looking file on my desktop named “Debug.txt” I decided not to open it as I suspect it is a virus. I ran multiple Windows Defender scans and nothing showed up. I have not downloaded anything of late and therefore also suspect it to be a virus. Am I right? If this is a virus will deleteing the file make it go away?

I have been expeiriencing extremly slow start up speeds and have checked to make sure it is not the memory.

:)

MilesDollt, Sep 25, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

The Elder Geek

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Sep 25, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Debug. Txt desktop file

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

Could he not use a wildacard ?. So it be dir %1 /a /s /b > *.txt and then it would list all .TXT files then.

AsRock, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Debug. Txt desktop file

1. Debug. Txt desktop file - Similar Threads - Debug Txt desktop

2. Debug file on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file on my desktop: Hello, There is a debug file on my desktop which shows [0102/001231.925:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] this error. I have been trying to find the cause of the error but I could not do so which finally lead me to ask help for the Microsoft team. Plz help me out I have been...
  3. Random Debug Notepad File on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Debug Notepad File on my Desktop: Hi there! Today, I discovered a random debug file had popped up on my desktop. I'm not exactly sure what this is for, and whether I can remove it safely. The text in the file says "[1107/173307.013:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc457] unexpected header". I'm not too...
  4. Debug file appearing on desktop screen.

Debug file appearing on desktop screen.: hey there, sometimes when i open my laptop it sometimes shows an notepad file name "Debug" when i open it some text is written there. [1026/185000.214:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 this it the text...
  5. debug file appearing on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    debug file appearing on the desktop: type - text document.log opens with - notepad file after opening it displays the following information: [1020/122331.587:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3...
  6. Debug Txt

Debug Txt: I've been getting a debug looking thing in my screen. [ATTACH] I clicked inside and it said: [1011/160605.247:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Can someone help me?...
  7. Debug file TXT

Debug file TXT: [1011/110901.130:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Every time I open a pdf file via Microsoft edge, I get this debug file. I tried deleting it but it comes up again when I open the pdf. When I am reading through...
  8. random debug file on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    random debug file on desktop: a random debug.txt file appeared on my desktop while using chrome. Nothing else was open except for GeForce experience. the only thing in that file was this: [1007/214047.989:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3)...
  9. .txt file called "debug" is popping on desktop

.txt file called "debug" is popping on desktop: So I have a problem. A file popped in desktop called "debug". I throw it in the bin and empty it by after a boot it pops up again. Here's what it says: [0924/175923.743:ERROR:crash_report_database_win.cc469] failed to stat report...
  10. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...