Windows 10: Debugging clock_watchdog_timeout

Discus and support Debugging clock_watchdog_timeout in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope this is the right place to post this! I've built a new computer recently and continue to get BSOD errors with a clock_watchdog_timeout error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesRV, Sep 12, 2020.

1. CharlesRV Win User

Debugging clock_watchdog_timeout

I hope this is the right place to post this! I've built a new computer recently and continue to get BSOD errors with a clock_watchdog_timeout error. Sometimes the crashes happen 4-5 hours apart, and sometimes they happen every 5-10 minutes. I'm honestly not entirely sure how to debug this issue entirely, so I'm posting some resources fromthis guide. I'm also running driver verifier at the moment and hoping for another crash, but oddly enough the computer has stayed alive for much longer than normal without a crash.

Per that guide, I've gathered output from msinfo, speccy, and MEMORY.dmp after a crash. I can post more instances of MEMORY.dmp if needed as well. Link is: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atpzz2lpOYnjg2k2FpUKAT7xPrZm?e=gJKi58

Many thanks if someone here could help me figure this one out. I'm normally a linux person so definitely not too familiar with debugging Windows issues like this. This wouldn't be as necessary, but if someone is able to figure out what is wrong based on this information I would love to hear how you figured it out!

:)

CharlesRV, Sep 12, 2020
  2. zablas Win User

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT after a fresh install

Debugging clock_watchdog_timeout [​IMG]

zablas, Sep 12, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Debugging clock_watchdog_timeout - Similar Threads - Debugging clock_watchdog_timeout

2. Assistance in debugging BSOD cause...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance in debugging BSOD cause...: ' Had three BSODs this morning on the bounce. I'd like MS assistance in identifying the culprit please.I didn't catch the first, second mentioned Memory_Management on the BSOD print, third mentioned KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.I ran a full memtest and that found no...
  3. Assistance in debugging BSOD cause...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance in debugging BSOD cause...: ' Had three BSODs this morning on the bounce. I'd like MS assistance in identifying the culprit please.I didn't catch the first, second mentioned Memory_Management on the BSOD print, third mentioned KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.I ran a full memtest and that found no...
  4. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  5. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  6. Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Assertion Failed Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Assertion Failed Error: We could not solve the issue as per the existing community answer. Please Support this Case https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-debug-library-debug-assertion/ded5485b-e480-4dc5-8564-8b4b4f94cffd
  7. Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Assertion Failed Error

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Assertion Failed Error: We could not solve the issue as per the existing community answer. Please Support this Case https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-debug-library-debug-assertion/ded5485b-e480-4dc5-8564-8b4b4f94cffd
  8. Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Assertion Failed Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Assertion Failed Error: We Could not Solve the Issue As per the Existing Community Answer. Please Support this Case https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-debug-library-debug-assertion/ded5485b-e480-4dc5-8564-8b4b4f94cffd
  9. mat-debug created by MS Defender on W11 in Temp folder - HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mat-debug created by MS Defender on W11 in Temp folder - HELP!: As title.. I tried several methods to delete these mat-debug files on C Windows Temp folder, but it won't let me delete it says: "Service currently running on Microsoft Defender". Even i delete them in Safe Mode but files keep reappearing after that. I guess something to do...
  10. mat-debug created by MS Defender on W11 in Temp folder - HELP!

mat-debug created by MS Defender on W11 in Temp folder - HELP!: As title.. I tried several methods to delete these mat-debug files on C Windows Temp folder, but it won't let me delete it says: "Service currently running on Microsoft Defender". Even i delete them in Safe Mode but files keep reappearing after that. I guess something to do...