Windows 10: debugging memory.dmp file remotely

Discus and support debugging memory.dmp file remotely in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i have a server 2008 r2 that crashed the other day and I need to check the memory.dmp file in the C drive under windows. however i can not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by encom45, Jul 13, 2020.

1. encom45 Win User

debugging memory.dmp file remotely

Hello, i have a server 2008 r2 that crashed the other day and I need to check the memory.dmp file in the C drive under windows. however i can not install nor does the server have installed Wdbgdmp installed or wdk as well. they do not allow to install from MS so how i am suppose to debug anything? also the memory.dump file is almost 2gb in size. is there a way to use Windbg from my windows 10 laptop and research it? ive never had much luck getting debug to work .

also i would like to work with debug more at home to monitor my workstations on my lan mostly consist of 4 windows 10 pro and 1 windows 7 machine i want to setup debugging on my main windows 10 workstation is there a good guide on doing this? thanks

:)

encom45, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Haynesk Win User

DLL FILE DEBUG

For some reason I cannot register a .dll file. I've verified the file path but it fails. What steps to debug the file??

Haynesk, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet is showing as Kernel Debug Network Adapater

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you see Kernel Debug Network Adapter in Device Manager. This can happen if debugging is turner on. I would suggest you to turn off debugging by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands and hit Enter:

bcdedit /debug off

If you still see the Network Adapter, you can disable it from Device Manager without problems. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Kernel Debug adapter and select
      Disable device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

debug

Hello,

It seems that the debug file on your desktop is created when your device did its weekly cleanup process. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you using a 3rd party app to schedule the clean up?
    • Is this the first time that the debug file shows on your desktop?
    • Do you have a 3rd party app or a plugin for instant messaging service?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. debugging memory.dmp file remotely - Similar Threads - debugging memory dmp

2. I need help debugging a memory dump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help debugging a memory dump file: I have a memory debug file that I need help looking into, My PC recently runs into crashes usually when gaming at the worst times possible.Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-debugging-a-memory-dump-file/67ce1ddc-1998-4e57-83e4-2844aff153f5
  3. I need help debugging a memory dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help debugging a memory dump file: I have a memory debug file that I need help looking into, My PC recently runs into crashes usually when gaming at the worst times possible.Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-debugging-a-memory-dump-file/67ce1ddc-1998-4e57-83e4-2844aff153f5
  4. DMP File Debug help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DMP File Debug help: I have been experiencing issues with almost daily BSOD as well as my games crashing unexpectedly. I'm not very familiar with reading dmp files. Any suggestion on what my next step could be based off of the information provided below?Troubleshooting performed:- Memtest86 - No...
  5. DMP File Debug help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DMP File Debug help: I have been experiencing issues with almost daily BSOD as well as my games crashing unexpectedly. I'm not very familiar with reading dmp files. Any suggestion on what my next step could be based off of the information provided below?Troubleshooting performed:- Memtest86 - No...
  6. DMP File Debug help

7. Memory DMP file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory DMP file: Can someone please run this minidump file and tell me specifically what's causing my blue Screen error to pop-up, I don't understand the errors and the cause.My system specs: Win 1016 GB ddr4 ramRTX 2070512 x2 NVMeintel i10 10th genminidump File:...
  8. Memory DMP file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory DMP file: Can someone please run this minidump file and tell me specifically what's causing my blue Screen error to pop-up, I don't understand the errors and the cause.My system specs: Win 1016 GB ddr4 ramRTX 2070512 x2 NVMeintel i10 10th genminidump File:...
  9. Memory DMP file

10. Crash/ Memory Dmp.

Crash/ Memory Dmp.: I am experiencing crashing on my computer and was hoping someone could help me figure out the cause. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea 0xffffe00d12d5c100, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...