Windows 10: Debugging Startup Failure

Discus and support Debugging Startup Failure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 won't boot. I can't get into safe-mode. I tried System Restore from recovery page but it didn't solve the problem. First I need to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by P8testan, Apr 21, 2019.

1. P8testan Win User

Debugging Startup Failure

My Windows 10 won't boot.

I can't get into safe-mode. I tried System Restore from recovery page but it didn't solve the problem.

First I need to know what is preventing my windows from booting properly so I tried enabling debugging feature but I can't find ntbtlog.txt file in windows directory. Minidump folder is empty too.

I would appreciate it if you could help me to find the underlying cause of boot failure.

Sorry for my bad English.

:)

P8testan, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 reset failures. Computer won't boot now and getting frustrated.

Hi Alfred,

To help you with your concern regarding the reset failure, let me suggest you to do a startup repair. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key
    • Hold Shift key then click Restart
    • You'll be prompted to the Advance Startup Options
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Advanced options
    • Startup repair

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Apr 21, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

New strange item in startup: KernelFaultCheck???

You can disable it in msconfig.Type in msconfig in the RUN box,then hit ok. Once that opens, go to the Startup tab at top. look through the list for the "dumprep.exe".

Dont think it is malicious just used for debugging I think.Could be related to your other problems,drivers etc.

oily_17, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Debugging Startup Failure - Similar Threads - Debugging Startup Failure

2. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Startup Failure: I woke up today, and when I turned on my PC, I'm greeted by Stop Code: Critical Process Died with Error Code 0xc0000001. However, when I tried to attempt some of the fixes on the forum, the Error Code changes to 0xc0000098. I have attempted to get my PC to launch into...
  3. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Startup Failure: I woke up today, and when I turned on my PC, I'm greeted by Stop Code: Critical Process Died with Error Code 0xc0000001. However, when I tried to attempt some of the fixes on the forum, the Error Code changes to 0xc0000098. I have attempted to get my PC to launch into...
  4. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Failure: Running Win 10 Pro with latest updates. I have recently been getting very slow garbage downs. When I next power up the machine, I often get the ASUS splash screen with a moving circle, but it doesn't boot all the way. I have to shut down with the power button and then start...
  6. Failure to startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failure to startup: My laptop fails to start up after I reset the device. Now what i can see only screen is this blue screen. If I choose any option below then the laptop restart itself. It then comes back to this blue screen. I have tried command prompt>start up repair, the laptop restarts then...
  7. Startup & Boot Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup & Boot Failure: Recently, My laptop ran into a Malware problem the antivirus Kaspersky removed it but after a while my laptop ran into bsod but i recovered from that again while using the laptop while opening memory consuming apps lile chrome Photoshop the screen flickers into black screen...
  8. Debug on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Debug on startup: Every time I restart my computer I get a debug file on my desktop. it usually has the same 3 lines. I would really like to know what this means. I just noticed it a couple days ago. the first time I noticed it had about 20 lines. This time it had 3 lines....
  9. startup menu failure

in Windows 10 Support
    startup menu failure: My startup menu is longer available. I click on the windows icon or hit that key and nothing happens. Consequently, I have lost access to some features and have to go through a bunch of other steps even to open documents. Has anyone else had this problem? I talked to the...
  10. Where is there a log for a Startup failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where is there a log for a Startup failure: Hi On my W10 Medion Erazer PC I sometimes (about every third or fourth start) get a startup failure after both Restart or Hard Boot, with options to Restart, Advanced Startup options etc. I have tried the restart and that has not worked so I go to Startup Repairs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows debug driver load failure