Windows 10: Debugging task scheduler task.

Discus and support Debugging task scheduler task. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64, current as of this post. I have been using Mailstore Home portable for many years. I have a shortcut that runs an archive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoosier Daddy, May 21, 2020.

1. Debugging task scheduler task.

Windows 10 Pro 64, current as of this post.

I have been using Mailstore Home portable for many years. I have a shortcut that runs an archive.

I recently discovered my 91 year old father had accidentally deleted important business emails on several occasions and I want to use Mailstore to automatically archive his emails outside of Outlook (Office 365). But when I try to set something up in task manager on his PC, nothing happens when the task is run. Below are pictures of the shortcut that works on his PC and what I defined for a scheduled task, I want to run automatically several times a day. I haven't used task scheduler but don't see anything I did wrong in the definition. The picture of the shortcut doesn't show the start of the target field but the rest is the same folder in the Start in field.

I'm not including pictures of other Task Scheduler fields but the same task runs fine if I just put the name of another program as the action. FWIW, the Mailstore command line switches are not documented. The program (Mailstore) has an option to create a shortcut to archive and that's what it generates.

Anyone see a mistake I made or know how I can debug this problem?

Debugging task scheduler task. [​IMG]

Debugging task scheduler task. [​IMG]

:)

Hoosier Daddy, May 21, 2020

2. Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I suggest you to clear the task from Task Scheduler using the below steps and check if the issue still persists.

Steps:-

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select the particular task and right click on it.
    • Select End.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 21, 2020
  3. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 21, 2020
  4. Debugging task scheduler task.

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

The Steps which resolve this problem on my computer :

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Open Task Scheduler
    • Navigate in the Task Scheduler Library (Nothing else !!!)
    And the message deseapear and I can create a task !!!

PhilippeCORMIER, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Debugging task scheduler task.

1. Debugging task scheduler task. - Similar Threads - Debugging task scheduler

2. Terminating Task Scheduler Task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminating Task Scheduler Task: I have set up at Task Scheduler Job with the following specifications --Repeat task every 5 minutes for a duration of 15 minutesStop all running tasks at end of repetition durationStop task if it runs longer than 30 minutes My intention was to have the task start, run for 5...
  3. scheduled task and task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scheduled task and task manager: I created a task scheduler start a programc;\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start "" "c:\restart.bat" ' THIS RESTARTS A SERVICES FOR AN APPLICATION THAT GETS STUCK."it repeats every 1 hoursstop task if it runs longer than 2 hoursI noticed like 50 cmd.exe entries under task...
  4. scheduled task and task manager

scheduled task and task manager: I created a task scheduler start a programc;\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start "" "c:\restart.bat" ' THIS RESTARTS A SERVICES FOR AN APPLICATION THAT GETS STUCK."it repeats every 1 hoursstop task if it runs longer than 2 hoursI noticed like 50 cmd.exe entries under task...
  5. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  6. Deleted task scheduler task

Deleted task scheduler task: Hi,I Accidentally deleted StartComponentCleanup in Task Scheduler. Is it possible to recover or re-create the deleted task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-task-scheduler-task/0866d10b-9ef7-4bb7-8f0a-56b848500fa9
  7. Deleted task scheduler task

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  9. Suspicious task in task scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious task in task scheduler: Recently I found a task in task scheduler that I didn't saw earlier, it named PostponeDeviceSetupToast_S-1-5-21-571410128-3262932422-3363705117-1000_0 and author is Microsoft Corporation, actions is Custom Handler. I don't know what it is and what it do and didn't found...
  10. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...