Windows 10: Decade-old Windows kernel bug lets hackers bypass security protections

Discus and support Decade-old Windows kernel bug lets hackers bypass security protections in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Researchers say that a bug in the Windows kernel could allow hackers to perform malicious actions by tricking security products blindly relying on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Decade-old Windows kernel bug lets hackers bypass security protections

Read more: Decade-old Windows kernel bug lets hackers bypass security protections | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

Anybody have a problem an album with 2CD song bugs?

It's a bug that's literally over a decade old Windows Media bug that got introduced in the kernel switch between WP7 and WP8. Microsoft seems to have no intention to fix it in any of its products.

Entegy, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Can't connect Wii to Mobile hotspot

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I have no control over the router settings. I am connected to my university's network. In fact, the reason why I cannot connect my Wii directly to the network is because the Nintendo Wii is blocked by the university,
    probably for security purposes since the Wii is a decade old. I thought I would be able to bypass this. Apparently not.

AaronBrinkley, Sep 8, 2017
  4. Decade-old Windows kernel bug lets hackers bypass security protections

Can ordinary users use this bug to take control of their own machines?

lehnerus2000, Sep 8, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Decade-old Windows kernel bug lets hackers bypass security protections [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 8, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    Well done for telling the world about this 'bug' so all hackers can now start using it!

Steve C, Sep 8, 2017
  7. roy111 Win User
    All "hackers" already know about this bug, it's for us normal users that it's useful to know
    so we can at least be aware of the risk.

roy111, Sep 8, 2017
  8. Decade-old Windows kernel bug lets hackers bypass security protections

I always enjoyed Statler and Waldorf in "The Muppet Show". *Biggrin

lehnerus2000, Sep 9, 2017
  9. Nice. Leave it open as a security hole and let everyone know.

ArazelEternal, Sep 9, 2017
  10. Hacking as a service*Biggrin*Mad

Josey Wales, Sep 9, 2017
  11. Arelem Win User
    Do you honestly believe that it was just uncovered by a website like ZDNet for the first time?

Arelem, Sep 10, 2017
  12. No, but either way this just confirms that M$ isnt going to do anything to take care of it. They said it themselves.

ArazelEternal, Sep 11, 2017
  13. OilerNut Win User

On the blog itself,

"Given the recent attention to this post, we’ll release the 2nd part very soon. It details a workaround for this bug, again, not a vulnerability."

Doesn't sound like much of an issue to me and perhaps why Microsoft isn't too worried about fixing it.

OilerNut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Decade-old Windows kernel bug lets hackers bypass security protections - Similar Threads - Decade old kernel

2. Malware exploits decade old Windows bug, which has an opt-in fix

in Windows 10 News
    Malware exploits decade old Windows bug, which has an opt-in fix: A decade old Windows bug, for which a fix is available, is used by malware currently in attacks against Windows devices. Malware actors may exploit the vulnerability to add malicious code to signed Windows files without them losing their signed status. Digital signatures are...
  3. Local Security Authority protection Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority protection Bug?: Windows Defender on Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1413 keeps telling me to reboot PC for LSA to register, I did reboot multiple times, Reseted the Microsoft Defender App but the bug persists, I tried to scan the PC with MalwareBytes but it didn't find any...
  4. Local Security Authority protection Bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Authority protection Bug?: Windows Defender on Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 22621.1413 keeps telling me to reboot PC for LSA to register, I did reboot multiple times, Reseted the Microsoft Defender App but the bug persists, I tried to scan the PC with MalwareBytes but it didn't find any...
  5. Windows Security - Local Security Authority Protection Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security - Local Security Authority Protection Bug: Hi,Out of nowhere I got a notification that my Local Security Authority Protection was off. I toggled it to turn on and it said I had to restart for the change to reflect. Problem here is, it doesn't restart after that. I see my laptop provider logo and then it goes to black...
  6. Windows Security - Local Security Authority Protection Bug

Windows Security - Local Security Authority Protection Bug: Hi,Out of nowhere I got a notification that my Local Security Authority Protection was off. I toggled it to turn on and it said I had to restart for the change to reflect. Problem here is, it doesn't restart after that. I see my laptop provider logo and then it goes to black...
  7. Windows Security Restart Bug, Local Security Authority Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Restart Bug, Local Security Authority Protection: Hi Everyone, For some reason even after restarting many times, I still have the alert from some days ago asking to restart above the "Local Security Authority Protection" in Windows Security. I also had an alert saying that the LSAP was off. I dismissed that alert. But, I...
  8. Windows Security Restart Bug, Local Security Authority Protection

Windows Security Restart Bug, Local Security Authority Protection: Hi Everyone, For some reason even after restarting many times, I still have the alert from some days ago asking to restart above the "Local Security Authority Protection" in Windows Security. I also had an alert saying that the LSAP was off. I dismissed that alert. But, I...
  9. Protection from a hacker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Protection from a hacker: I paid a guy 50 bucks for hardware liquid cooler installation for a computer I custom built. He also installed Windows 10 and Word software on it. Is it possible for him to have access to my computer? Should I buy a new windows from microsoft instead? submitted by...
  10. Windows Security Protection History BUG/ERROR

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Protection History BUG/ERROR: i have this problem when i go to the windows security and go to the protection history, it says no recent action, when there is a recent action! and a few sec it later, the windows security app closes it self. this keeps happening over and over again! if there is a solution,...