Windows 10: Deceased Father and needing computer access

Discus and support Deceased Father and needing computer access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, My father passed away and he has 2 computers which I do not know the passwords to as he had changed them and forgot what they were. I need... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichardMuggle, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Deceased Father and needing computer access

Hello,

My father passed away and he has 2 computers which I do not know the passwords to as he had changed them and forgot what they were. I need t get into these to get all the information off of them for bills and private information. I attempted the security questions and got a message stating I did not answer enough.

Please help me to get into these computers thanks.

:)

RichardMuggle, Jul 2, 2020

2. Deceased Father and needing computer access

Hello,

My father passed away and he has 2 computers which I do not know the passwords to as he had changed them and forgot what they were. I need t get into these to get all the information off of them for bills and private information. I attempted the security
    questions and got a message stating I did not answer enough.

Please help me to get into these computers thanks.

RichardMuggle, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Entegy Win User
    Accessing a Deceased Person's Hotmail Account

Check out Time's piece about online accounts of the deceased. There's a section from Microsoft. The article is a little old, but it's all I could find right now.

How to Access a Deceased Loved One’s Online Accounts | TIME.com

Please follow up if you need more help and I will try to find some more answers.

Entegy, Aug 5, 2020
  4. taward Win User

Deceased Father and needing computer access

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Deceased Father and needing computer access

1. Deceased Father and needing computer access - Similar Threads - Deceased Father needing

2. Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked: My Father passed away last year and we kept his account open as we needed several emails from his account as he was helping my Sister. However when trying to close his account none of the verification codes gets through to his email account. What to do. Don't want to turn his...
  3. Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked: My Father passed away last year and we kept his account open as we needed several emails from his account as he was helping my Sister. However when trying to close his account none of the verification codes gets through to his email account. What to do. Don't want to turn his...
  4. Need to close my deceased Father's account but cannot as it seems hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Father passed away and need access to his computer: As my title states, my father passed away 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can't locate any of his login info. His login is linked with his Microsoft account so there's no way for us to just reset his password. I have contacted the email "*** Email address is removed for...
  6. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Father passed away and need access to his computer: As my title states, my father passed away 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can't locate any of his login info. His login is linked with his Microsoft account so there's no way for us to just reset his password. I have contacted the email "*** Email address is removed for...
  7. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Access the computer of a deceased person

Access the computer of a deceased person: I am the Executor of a deceased person's estate. How can I access his computer when I don't have his Microsoft account user name, password or 4 digit code?...
  9. Need to access a deceased family member's computer

Need to access a deceased family member's computer: Hi, This year had a family member who died from cancer. I want to access their laptop to clean out the computer, close down any accounts they had and end their email coming in, things like that. Problem is someone tossed out the book that had their passwords including...
  10. Need to access deceased husband's profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need to access deceased husband's profile: Hi, My husband passed away a couple of years ago but the laptop he used to use is starting to break down and I need to get into his profile to back up all his documents. He was a writer and wrote lots of stories, not published, which I want to try and publish or save for...