Windows 10: Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

Discus and support Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JD Kimbro, Aug 16, 2023.

1. JD Kimbro Win User

Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either. Thanks for your help, Jody

:)

JD Kimbro, Aug 16, 2023
  2. RB1050 Win User

Admin User and password - Deceased Husband

I have the same question. Deceased husband and trying to update the software. Anyone had any luck or can you make a recommendation?

RB1050, Aug 16, 2023
  3. ArwenC Win User
    Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop

My husband unexpectedly died in December. I have access to his laptop (we were open with our passwords) and have only just felt ready to switch his laptop on so I can transfer any photos etc. I want to keep it, always good to have a spare but I don't
    like seeing his name on it, I want to completely delete/change the microsoft account tied to it. He is the administrator on this laptop (Windows 10), there are no other user accounts attached to it. How do I do this? I may want to give this laptop to our
    daughter, she certainly doesn't need to see his name and info on there. Thank you for any help in this sensitive situation.

ArwenC, Aug 16, 2023
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Aug 16, 2023
Thema:

1. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop - Similar Threads - Deceased Husband Administrator

2. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop: Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either....
  3. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop: Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either....
  4. Windows 11 HP Envy laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HP Envy laptop: My Windows 11 HP laptop has a message telling me my "Comcast account is not up to date"? I've tried several fixes but no luck. I've seen fixes on Google for this problem with Windows 10 but not 11....
  5. Windows 11 HP Envy laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HP Envy laptop: My Windows 11 HP laptop has a message telling me my "Comcast account is not up to date"? I've tried several fixes but no luck. I've seen fixes on Google for this problem with Windows 10 but not 11....
  6. hp envy laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp envy laptop: New hp envy laptop kb backlight wont stay on long enough. works ok but goes to sleep to soon. press any key works fine but once the kb is lighted is goes dark in a few seconds. not windows issue since there is no settings for it. it is driving me nuts.. haven'tt found a hp...
  7. Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deceased husband - change the administrator on his laptop: My husband unexpectedly died in December. I have access to his laptop we were open with our passwords and have only just felt ready to switch his laptop on so I can transfer any photos etc. I want to keep it, always good to have a spare but I don't like seeing his name on...
  8. HP Envy laptop plugged in not charging

HP Envy laptop plugged in not charging: As succinctly as I can, these are the issues, followed by what has been done. For the last year my HP Envy -serial # 5CG636416F Product #X7V40UA is plugged in, but the battery does not charge. The battery level says it is at 14%. If I unplug the power cord the laptop...
  9. HP Envy Laptop -

HP Envy Laptop -: How do I TURNOFF the Touchpad?? HP Envy laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-envy-laptop/c37915bf-15bf-4f00-bd1a-8d6f60b2728f
  10. Need to access deceased husband's profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need to access deceased husband's profile: Hi, My husband passed away a couple of years ago but the laptop he used to use is starting to break down and I need to get into his profile to back up all his documents. He was a writer and wrote lots of stories, not published, which I want to try and publish or save for...