Windows 10: Deceitful messages bearing a suspect PDF file attachment being constantly sent from...

Discus and support Deceitful messages bearing a suspect PDF file attachment being constantly sent from... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Is anyone else seeing these messages being sent just lately within the past week or so. that come from a new Hotmail domain each & every... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by curiousman8, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Deceitful messages bearing a suspect PDF file attachment being constantly sent from...

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else seeing these messages being sent just lately within the past week or so. that come from a new Hotmail domain each & every time, with each new message received.

They are trying to promote a known crypto currency trading scam called Bitcoin Loophole, & the PDF file shows to be marked up as a phishing attachment when viewed in Gmail.

I have received twenty of these exact themed messages within the past 5 days, & I cannot understand why Microsoft online safety seem to be doing nothing to prevent further new domains from being generated by this fraudulent perpetrator. The security team are suspending these accounts as they are reported, but something further needs to be done to prevent further new accounts from being generated by this fraudulent spammer.

I suspect these messages are linked to the 'sexstortion' scam, where this perpetrator then sends a demand asking for a ransom to be paid into a Bitcoin wallet, or else they will send a some captured webcam footage of an indecent nature to all our contacts in our email account.

What Microsoft security or technical need to do here, is to generate a program that searches for the pattern or footprint this perpetrator leaves, each time they generate a new domain to send this fraudulent abuse from. This is hardly rocket science, & Microsoft being at the front edge of software technology surely must have the resources to tackle this problem, as I feel it is now getting out of hand with the abundance of new messages of this nature I am currently receiving.

I would welcome other folks views or similar experiences of receiving these similar themed messages just lately, & if they agree with my suggestions here, or could add any of their own, to help prevent this fraudster from currently abusing the Microsoft Hotmail infrastructure with this vile & potentially financially damaging content of extortion.

Many thanks everyone.

Best regards to you all.

:)

curiousman8, Oct 25, 2019
  2. GEORGE SK Win User

Opening of PDF files attached to emails sent to WP 7.5

Yesterday a friend of mine sent me a PDF file attached to an email, but I could not open it in my Windows Phone 7.5 HTC Trophy 7, although I have installed the relevant application (Adobe Reader) in it. The same file (PDF Document) was immediately opened
    through my Nokia X7 phone (OS Symbian Belle). I must say that-recently (some weeks ago)-I did open (in my WPhone) such PDF files sent to me as attached files. Could somebody help me, please?

GEORGE SK, Oct 25, 2019
  3. edchair Win User
    Attaching pdf files to email in mango

Will we be able to attach pdf files to email sent from windows phone 7.5 (mango)?

edchair, Oct 25, 2019
  4. 7thSense Win User

Deceitful messages bearing a suspect PDF file attachment being constantly sent from...

Opening of PDF files attached to emails sent to WP 7.5

I have no problems opening attached PDF files on my phone. Could you please include some more information, for example if there were any error message when you tried opening the PDF?

7thSense, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Deceitful messages bearing a suspect PDF file attachment being constantly sent from...

1. Deceitful messages bearing a suspect PDF file attachment being constantly sent from... - Similar Threads - Deceitful messages bearing

2. "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email: I have a 164.8kb pdf file that won't attach to my yahoo email. I get the error "Message cannot be saved as draft". Using Windows 7. Screenshot below. Any solution to this or a work around? Thank you....
  3. why are my attachments that are sent to me in JPEG. I want them to be PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why are my attachments that are sent to me in JPEG. I want them to be PDF: My clients that are sending me attachments are suddenly coming over as JPEG. I do not like JPEG for printing. How do I get them to come over again as PDF?...
  4. why are my attachments that are sent to me in JPEG. I want them to be PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are my attachments that are sent to me in JPEG. I want them to be PDF: My clients that are sending me attachments are suddenly coming over as JPEG. I do not like JPEG for printing. How do I get them to come over again as PDF?...
  5. why are my attachments that are sent to me in JPEG. I want them to be PDF

6. deceitful tactics

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    deceitful tactics: How come when you sign up for an account all the included documentation never mentions a need for your phone number, and assures you your information is guarded, however after a few day the account becomes mysteriously compromised and they must have my phone number or i cant...
  7. Certain programs and files are constantly being sent into the recycle bin, is it a bug or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain programs and files are constantly being sent into the recycle bin, is it a bug or...: I don't know whats happening but when I went back to my laptop which was still on, mega, whatsapp and Hearts of Iron 4 were in the recycle bin along with their files, when I put them back, they kept being sent to the recycle bin. I shut my laptop down and open it again just...
  8. messages not being saved to the Sent folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    messages not being saved to the Sent folder: I found that the messages were being sent to the Spam folder. Messages created by the user should not go into spam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messages-not-being-saved-to-the-sent-folder/f1c6d591-1581-4a75-badc-6c3c0a202f9b
  9. Attachments not sent in emails

Attachments not sent in emails: Just like in this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/attachments/2908a724-3a64-431f-825b-0960974c8957 I have the same problem. I send emails but the attachments - that I KNOW are there - don't send. They are removed from the email, which is then...
  10. Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments: I am using Chrome as my browser. No attachments will open from email! So even when I save these files and even rename the files, no attachments are opening. I keep getting messages that the files are corrupt or that the file name and association don't match (which is not...