Windows 10: December 10 update broke my taskbar

Discus and support December 10 update broke my taskbar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I caught my Win 10 Lenovo S145 laptop updating last night, so I waited for it to finish, then went to bed. This morning I find that my task bar is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NTGray, Dec 11, 2020.

1. NTGray Win User

December 10 update broke my taskbar

I caught my Win 10 Lenovo S145 laptop updating last night, so I waited for it to finish, then went to bed. This morning I find that my task bar is non-functional. I can only open a program if it has a shortcut on my desktop or if I go into a program folder and find the executable file to click on. Fortunately I have some folder shortcuts on my desktop or else I wouldn't have been able to do this.

I have rebooted multiple times and that does not help. If all else fails, how do I get to System Restore when the task bar doesn't do anything meaning the search field and the Windows symbol in the lower left corner don't do anything when clicked?

:)

NTGray, Dec 11, 2020

2. Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 11, 2020
  4. December 10 update broke my taskbar

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

December 10 update broke my taskbar

1. December 10 update broke my taskbar - Similar Threads - December update broke

2. Windows December/February update broke my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows December/February update broke my Windows 10: So a forced update by Microsoft completely messed up my computer including certain applications no longer being able to run at all; like Blizzard's Battle.Net application; also after this update my sound only works about 1 in 50 boots. I cannot reinstall windows because then...
  3. Windows December/February update broke my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows December/February update broke my Windows 10: So a forced update by Microsoft completely messed up my computer including certain applications no longer being able to run at all; like Blizzard's Battle.Net application; also after this update my sound only works about 1 in 50 boots. I cannot reinstall windows because then...
  4. Windows December/February update broke my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 KB5005033 update kinda broke my taskbar:

Win 10 KB5005033 update kinda broke my taskbar:: Hello, After update KB5005033 ‎11-‎Aug-‎21, task bar is not working properly: 1. cant reopen apps by clicking them on taskbar, app opens, blinks, then minimizes back; 2. cant show multiple of opened minimized windows Chrome, for example. List of opened windows blinks and...
  6. December update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    December update: I downloaded the December updates to my computer and the printer is now making everthing very small from some programs, such as mail, firefox, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks Jackie R Falls *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. My taskbar buttons done broke

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My taskbar buttons done broke: For the past week or so the buttons on my task bar haven't been working. I can't open Start, Search, Notifications, settings, etc, however I can open apps pinned to the taskbar. I've tried restarting windows explorer, rebooting my computer, running antivirus, looking for...
  8. New update broke desktop+taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update broke desktop+taskbar: Had my pc update overnight. Now after logging in, the desktop is black with no shortcuts and the Taskbar keeps blinking and is unusable. Would appreciate some support submitted by /u/PlainRamenNoodles [link] [comments]...
  9. My taskbar broke?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar broke?: Alright, so I'm just browsing the web, and out of NOWHERE my taskbar does this :[ATTACH]please give me answers of how to solve this! I can't see the time and date anymore, and it just looks overall bad....
  10. December Windows 10 Update

December Windows 10 Update: Windows 10 automatically updated my PC the other day and now there are tiles on the home page that I cannot get rid of. They cover over my wallpaper (family photo). I went online to found out how to get rid of the tiles, but none of the suggested methods work. How do I get...