Windows 10: december update causing BSOD windows 10 pro

Discus and support december update causing BSOD windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; is anyone else having this problem? 3 times since dec 19 i have had this problem. i corrected it twice by replacing the entire hard drive with a 3 day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ingenius1, Dec 31, 2018.

1. ingenius1 Win User

december update causing BSOD windows 10 pro

is anyone else having this problem? 3 times since dec 19 i have had this problem. i corrected it twice by replacing the entire hard drive with a 3 day old hard drive image. once microsoft techs blamed a corrupt svhost.exe file and repaired that. the first 2 times, within 48 hours whidows had downloaded and reinstalled the corrupted file(s). this morning, the tech guy was in the process of doing a 'clean install' of a 2 year old windows 10 machine. i unplugged his ass and redid the system image thing, but it took hours because of the mess that had been created. so again: how do i prevent this from happening again?

as of 3pm today, i THINK that update is turned off on that machine ...

for what it is worth? the microsoft tech tried to download a 4.7gb file onto a fat32 flash drive...

:)

ingenius1, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Jan 10, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jan 10, 2020
  4. december update causing BSOD windows 10 pro

Windows 10 December update problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is unfortunate that you are facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you.

We appreciate that you have tried some troubleshooting steps.

Share this information to assist you better.

• When you say December update, Which update caused these issues?
    • Was the update installed without interruption?
    • Have you tried System restore?

If you have tried system restore and didn't help. I would suggest you to recover the files and folders from the third party software.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party
    Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

december update causing BSOD windows 10 pro

1. december update causing BSOD windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - december update causing

2. Windows 10 December 2021 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 December 2021 Update: I want to know what cumulative update for windows 10 version 21H2 for x64 based system KB5008212 contains https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-december-2021-update/e60cace0-2b21-4ade-a7b9-813e6555dedd
  3. Windows 10 December 2021 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 December 2021 Update: I want to know what cumulative update for windows 10 version 21H2 for x64 based system KB5008212 contains https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-december-2021-update/e60cace0-2b21-4ade-a7b9-813e6555dedd
  4. Windows 10 December 2018 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 December 2018 update: Since the December 2018 Windows 10 update I have had nothing put problems. Here are a few. My scanner on my HP all in one computer is not working. I can't scan from scanner to computer and vice versa. Keyboard back lights are not working after computer start up....
  5. December Windows 10 Update

December Windows 10 Update: Windows 10 automatically updated my PC the other day and now there are tiles on the home page that I cannot get rid of. They cover over my wallpaper (family photo). I went online to found out how to get rid of the tiles, but none of the suggested methods work. How do I get...
  6. december windows 10 update

december windows 10 update: After the December update my office 2013 programs will not open. Solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/december-windows-10-update/b73589bb-cc0b-45a2-8879-f067eb992c74
  7. Windows Update Caused PC Crash December 17th 2018

Windows Update Caused PC Crash December 17th 2018: Good morning, As usual, Windows update slowed my computer down with an unannounced, unplanned update, on a Monday morning, interrupting productivity and eventually crashing the system, causing me to lose an estimated 2 hours of work despite saving at a recommended...
  8. windows 10 update causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 update causes BSOD: I have been getting the BSOD daily since May when a Feature Update was installed 5/15/18 on my machine. It was referred to as Windows 10 version 1803. Since then when i have more than one window open i can count on getting the BSOD with the Stop Code: Driver IRQL not less or...
  9. Windows 10 Update Causing BSODs

Windows 10 Update Causing BSODs: Hi, I recently purchased a used Dell Latitude e5570 with Windows 10 Pro. Version 1803 OS Build 17134.286 Intel i7-6600U, 16 GB RAM, 64bit processor I used it normally for about two days before it automatically started an update. After the update several issues appeared....
  10. Windows 10 Pro December update with strange message on blue screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro December update with strange message on blue screen: What is this strange message on blue screen? Last week I heard someone mention it on a podcast - if not for that, I would have been sure my system had been hacked! Read on ... Have Lenovo Thinkpad W550s that was upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro a few months ago....