Windows 10: December update not showing in Update History

Discus and support December update not showing in Update History in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Win 10 Home v20H2, build 19042.685 I update my PC every month and I know I did it on 8th December 2020 but it is not showing in Update History. I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wiganken, Dec 23, 2020.

1. wiganken Win User

December update not showing in Update History

Win 10 Home v20H2, build 19042.685

I update my PC every month and I know I did it on 8th December 2020 but it is not showing in Update History. I do not remember seeing any 'Failed' or other error messages. The last update showing is KB4586781 on 11th November 2020 and, if I 'Check for updates' it shows 'You're up to date' but this disagrees with Update History.

I also updated my DELL laptop at the same time and this shows it was updated on 8th December with KB4592438 and it is this update that is missing from my desktop PC.

I tried running Shawn's batch file ( Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 ) but it ran into errors (see picture). I waited 5 minutes for the batch file to progress further but it seemed stuck so I closed the cmd window and restarted the computer anyway. How long should it take for this batch file to complete? Maybe I terminated it too soon?

Is this a Windows mis-reporting error whereby the update is actually installed but not showing?
    Maybe it will be OK for January 2021 updates but it may not be so is there anything else I can do to ensure my desktop PC is up to date?

Thanks

December update not showing in Update History [​IMG]

:)

wiganken, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Mr Ed Win User

Update History Not Displaying Latest Update

If nothing shows in update history, try clicking on 'uninstall updates'. Sometimes this list is more complete. Having said that, I have nothing new in either list. Bree

Thanks, Bree. I followed your suggestion and it worked. December update not showing in Update History :)

Mr Ed, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Cumulative December update

I tried to download and install the December Cumulative Update from the website you had listed and did not have any luck. I received error messages stating that it would not install and it still has not come through windows update. Do you have any other
    suggestions?

TanyaPeterson412, Dec 23, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. December update not showing in Update History - Similar Threads - December update showing

2. Server operating systems showing Windows 10 update hints with December updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server operating systems showing Windows 10 update hints with December updates: Hi Community,i am a bit confused, we have several VMs running Windows Server 2016 / 2019 DC and standard which are showing a Win10 update hint. It started with the approval of the December updates on the WSUS Server.Till now we have 7 affected VMs with Server OS, on the other...
  3. Server operating systems showing Windows 10 update hints with December updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server operating systems showing Windows 10 update hints with December updates: Hi Community,i am a bit confused, we have several VMs running Windows Server 2016 / 2019 DC and standard which are showing a Win10 update hint. It started with the approval of the December updates on the WSUS Server.Till now we have 7 affected VMs with Server OS, on the other...
  4. Installed windows updates through Powershell was not showing in updates history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed windows updates through Powershell was not showing in updates history: I installed Powershell windows update module then download and install pending windows updates using Powershell.All went well with no errors. Verified windows updates was installed in Powershell using this command "Get-WUHistory".However, these newly installed updates was not...
  5. December update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    December update: I downloaded the December updates to my computer and the printer is now making everthing very small from some programs, such as mail, firefox, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks Jackie R Falls *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Update History is not showing v.20H2

Update History is not showing v.20H2: I updated my machine to version 20H2. When I look at the "review update history" in settings there is no entry showing the update took place. I thought maybe the log file was corrupt so I ran sfc /scannow and repaired the log file. Rebooted and still no change in the view...
  7. December Cumulative Update

December Cumulative Update: The Wu10 December Cumulative Update never installed. The entry says Cumulative Update for Win10 v1909 KB4530684 2 not downloading. Last failed install attempt on 12/10/19 – Oxc 1900401 There have been no push attempts since and I do ask for Updates regularly. Today I got...
  8. December Update not downloading

December Update not downloading: Cumulative Update for Win10 v1909 (KB4530684) (2) not downloading. Message says "Last failed install attempt on 12/10/19 – Oxc 1900401" Did get a bunch of other stuff. Tried several times since to Update but unsuccessful....
  9. Windows 1809 update not showing up in December

Windows 1809 update not showing up in December: Clicking "Check for updates" does not result in the 1809 update being detected on my computer. I am currently on 1803. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1809-update-not-showing-up-in-december/f7e7e858-e6d6-4d65-b299-329d9c91d1d4
  10. December windows update

December windows update: Turn on computer early this morning. For 5 hours message on screen says: Hi We've got some updates for your PC This might take several minutes Don't turn off your PC Am a senior and not really tech savvy. What do I do. Just called Best Buy and they told me they would...