Windows 10: Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.

Discus and support Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have been searching for answers to this for a long time. After recently upgrading my USB Wifi adapter (which I had assumed was the issue) the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Peejuul, May 15, 2020.

1. Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.

Hello!

I have been searching for answers to this for a long time. After recently upgrading my USB Wifi adapter (which I had assumed was the issue) the issue persisted.

I am not tech-savvy, and I do not know what to do anymore.

When I do a test through my internet service provider (spectrum) my Mbps can range from 60-90, but I suffer from immense lag and low download speeds in any game launchers or in-game (About 1-2 megabytes per second on downloads from steam/epic).

I can provide any details about my hardware and software I just need some personal recommendations.

Also I know that I may just be experiencing low speeds due to servers accounting for lots of people on Wifi these days (if that's how it works).

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Peejuul
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Peejuul, May 15, 2020

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 15, 2020
  3. Jignesh19 Win User
    Very Low Downloading Speed

Hello,

I bought new Dell Laptop with Window 10 64 bit Home. It has Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265.

I am Using BSNL Wi fi.

After using sometime, I found that downloading speed is very low as compared to my previous laptop which is also Dell with Windows 7 32 Bit.

I did Speed Test on Both Laptops with same router and at a same distance. (Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test)

New Laptop has Downloading Speed 3.65 Mbps whereas Old laptop has 8.7 Mbps.

I did every possible steps available on Google but Not success. My Windows and All drivers are Updated to this date.

Any Help Please.

Jignesh19, May 15, 2020
  4. Daniel Win User

Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.

Browsing speed is fast, but download speed is 0

I'm currently using Windows 10 and netcomm nb604n router.

Problem:
    Web browsing on chrome/edge/firefox works fast, but my download speed from majority of websites start around 10kb/s and eventually (in a few minutes) decrease to 0kb/s.

Here are some example files that does this:
    https://atlas.hashicorp.com/laravel/boxes/homestead/versions/1.0.1/providers/virtualbox.box
    Git for Windows (there is a download button)

When I am downloading from utorrent, or when I installed the Unity engine through Unity's installer, my download speed was fine.

Things that I have tried:

1. Running the test on speedtest.net. It says that my download speed is 18MB/s and upload speed is 1Mb/s. Of course this doesn't demonstrate the actual speed that I'll get when downloading/uploading from a server, but my ISP is using this to say that there is no problem on their side.
    2. Taking my router, filter, and all cables to another house and downloading the same files that I couldn't download. This worked perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that my equipment is not the issue.
    3. Using both wireless and LAN on a brand new computer and an old laptop. The problem exists in all cases.
    4. Resetting and restarting the router. Did not do anything.
    5. Changing the mtu settings as suggested on Windows 7, download speeds drop to 0 kb/s and the download has to be restarted
      Unfortunately this didn't solve my issue.
    6. Calling my ISP to make sure that they weren't throttling my network. They are denying any fault on their end, and are claiming that there is something wrong with my computer or my router but refusing to provide a solution.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what I could try to resolve this issue, please let me know!

Daniel, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.

1. Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed. - Similar Threads - Decent download speeds

2. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  3. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low download speed , high upload speed: Hello guys , I recently started having this issue where my download speed will drop around 1 to 3 mbps , whilst my upload speed would keep its average flow of around 90 mbps , like a week ago everything was fine , but suddenly my download speed , from around 80 90 mbps won't...
  4. Low download speed , high upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Download Speed Test vs Actual Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Speed Test vs Actual Downloads: Hi there, Our home wifi has speeds of up to 700Mbps, when I run a speed test on my devices, i get around 643Mbps. Now, when I actually download something, lets say for instance I am downloading Apex Legends... I am only getting download speeds of 10Mbps... Please help. I know...
  6. Low download speed with high internet speed.

Low download speed with high internet speed.: When I run an internet speed test, it gives me roughly 25 mbps, but when I download a program, it only downloads at about 3 mbps, while the task manager's wifi monitor shows the same number as the speed test. I tried the solutions in this post Why is my download speed so...
  7. Download speed low?

Download speed low?: Hi I have with Windows 10 on my PC somehow only a download speed of 6mbit. But on the Smartphone or the Playstation I reach over 40 (50th line) Does Windows 10 throttle the internet illegality or what can be the reason for that? o.O It goes over LAN, as said elsewhere...
  8. Download speed is low

Download speed is low: When I am downloading something from the Microsoft Store, Steam or Epic Store, the speed is too low. My Internet speed is 100 MB, so the downloading speed from the Microsoft Store should be about 10MB. But I get about 4 MB. Why is it happening?...
  9. Download speed is low

Download speed is low: Hey so i have 300Mbps download speed , but today in speedtest only give me 94Mbps how can i fix this ? im using Cable not WiFi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speed-is-low/7fd6d49e-ba91-4a72-949e-6b6c92ed6105
  10. Low download speed

Low download speed: Hello, I have fiber internet with 300 mbps up/down. The problem I am having is that my two windows 10 computers limit the download speed drastically. I am seeing about 150 down and 300 up. All other devices on the network get the full 300/300, including a linux laptop and...