Windows 10: Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any?

Discus and support Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've bought a Win 10 tablet and now I am looking for a decent Video player, like MxPlayer (or several others) available for Android. The app should:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vel2000, Sep 9, 2015.

1. vel2000 Win User

Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any?

I've bought a Win 10 tablet and now I am looking for a decent Video player, like MxPlayer (or several others) available for Android.
    The app should:
    play any "standard video format", like MKV, MP4 encoded in h.264/aac or mp3.
    playing "http" INTERNET streams (I don't expect rtmp format+co.)
    playing media over local network (SMB or Upnp/DLNA)
    have a not too ugly gui
    I've tried the MS video app, but its ugly as hell, slow (network) and doesn't support Internet streams, but at least the app is relatively stable
    The VLC-App should fulfil most of my wishes, but it's very unstable and crashes often.

I don't want a "real program", like VLC, MPHC or Kodi on a tablet!

:)

vel2000, Sep 9, 2015
  2. PeterKl. Win User

Facing sound issues on the device after the update.

Hi,

This also did not work. To add some (perhaps important) information that I missed out on. The video/sound lagging/stuttering occurs only in browsers (chrome/edge etc) and not in regular videos on mediaplayer/vlc. I've also checked my connection quality and
    stability and there are no issues there either.

PeterKl., Sep 9, 2015
  3. [Epstein] Win User
    Cannot play video getting error "Error: Unsupported video type or invalid file path"

Check if the video will play with a different video player app like VLC.

[Epstein], Sep 9, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Sorry, my vote goes for Kodi.

simrick, Sep 9, 2015
  5. Maybe SMPlayer is one for you that you can try?!

Cluster Head, Sep 9, 2015
  6. vel2000 Win User
    Can't either find the app in the Windows Store nor the touch optimized version somewhere else.*Wink
    Only the the unstable Desktop version, which I dropped years ago from the desktop.

PS: have you noticed that?
    which simply means: NO antiquated-looking Desktop software player on a MOBILE device.

Not even one real reply to my question...
    I can't believe, that there is no decent media-player app in the Store, even paid apps...
    What does people on Windows phone use?

vel2000, Sep 10, 2015
  7. simrick Win User
  8. Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any?

Yes , have to agree , for an "antiquated-looking Desktop software player " it sure looks sweet once it's set up properly *chuckle Whats's not to like?

Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any? [​IMG]

Torquemada, Sep 10, 2015
  9. vel2000 Win User
    Kodi (aka "Nerds dream") is mostly great when running on a device, which is connected to a large screen/TV and if you need all the gazillion features and possibly the..."unofficial addons".
    I use it on my Android TV-Box with (air)mouse, keyboard and remote control/Yatse.
    But on a tablet with a small screen, I prefer a touch optimized app for these kind of devices!
    Also Kodi has a few issues, which are just annoying (not even) on a mobile and are not tolerable, if you need these features.
    • Absolutely no caching/buffering when playing hls/m3u8 streams, which is 90% of my use case.
      Streams do mostly work with my wifi at home, but not reliable with mobile data. (works perfectly with MxPlayer)
    • No way to just copy and paste a stream Url into Kodi and play it!!

vel2000, Sep 10, 2015
  10. simrick Win User
    Did you see my post above?
    Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any? - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Sep 10, 2015
  11. vel2000 Win User
    Yes, but this is more or less a DVD / BLU-RAY Desktop Software.
    I was not able to add any of my Movie folders.
    And absolutely no support for http Internet streams, which is the most important feature for me.

What I am looking for, is something like the VLC APP (NOT the Desktop Software), but in an usable, stable condition.

vel2000, Sep 11, 2015
  12. tcman50 Win User
    The best player, organizer on the market imo is J.River Media Center, it will play anything, I use it to broadcast my 1080P movies to my laptop in the bedroom over wi-fi, works awesome, J.River is nice for audio, images and videos.

Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any? [​IMG]

tcman50, Sep 11, 2015
  13. vel2000 Win User

^^
    Have you even read some of my posts or just the headline?
    This software looks just horrible and is miles away from what I am looking for.

#################################
    I'm looking for a touch optimized APP for a small tablet screen, NOT a "full featured" DESKTOP MONSTER.
    #################################

thanks *Wink

vel2000, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Decent Video/Mediaplayer APP - Except VLC App. Are there any? - Similar Threads - Decent Video Mediaplayer

2. on any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on any app: i am getting this issue please guide me urgently, The install of C : \ Users \ msidd \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ uttAE9B.tmp failed . Signer certificate mismatch i am getting this answer how to stop...
  3. files opening with vlc and not photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    files opening with vlc and not photos app: subject says it all, i can't right click and open with photos as it aint there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-vlc-and-not-photos-app/35f91b23-5fd3-4456-8666-794f0300c3f0
  4. Why can't Microsoft write a decent app?

Why can't Microsoft write a decent app?: Of particular attention at the moment is the "Photos" app which once again - despite allowing you to delete folders you don't want included in the app - walpapers, business photographs for instance - continues to include, despite the warning message "this folder will not...
  5. Cant login into my microsoft account in any of the microsoft apps except office apps.

Cant login into my microsoft account in any of the microsoft apps except office apps.: I had done a reinstallation of windows 10 in my laptop and chos the keep my files after reinstalling i cant avail any of my microsoft services except office and whenever i try to login it asks for my email id and the screen for logging in goes away and i am back to my...
  6. Looking for a decent video editing app, preferrably free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a decent video editing app, preferrably free: I used to use Windows Movie Maker, and its successively renamed iterations, to crop, edit, and stitch videos together. Occasionally, I would stitch together a bunch of photos and add a tune and make a little slideshow video out of them. It's not something I do a lot; just...
  7. mediaplayer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mediaplayer: how do I change (C) where mediaplayer stores my uploaded music, would like to store it on my (D) drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediaplayer/560ade34-8e72-4b79-bcd9-2378ff0365c0"
  8. Video App

Video App: I go into the store and have purchased 3 or 4 Video Editor type apps. I finish the purchase and it says I will get an email with details of how to install an it never comes. Or it says you are not connected to a device. I have tried everything they keep suggesting and...
  9. windows mediaplayer not reading .BUP files to play video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows mediaplayer not reading .BUP files to play video: I have widows 10. I have a video made which has .bup , IFO, VOB ext file and my windows media player is not able to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mediaplayer-not-reading-bup-files-to-play/7128ca6f-bc86-4d22-b83d-0919e9544213"
  10. how to rotate a video in VLC

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to rotate a video in VLC: I opened a video with VLC but it plays the video right away and I cannot find an option to rotate the video because there is no tab showing menu or options to do anything...