Windows 10: decided to do clean install from dvd

Discus and support decided to do clean install from dvd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys, my laptop got stucked in boot loop so i decided to do clean install from dvd. I wonder if i can leave D: partition and delete C: and those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Isidor, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Isidor Win User

decided to do clean install from dvd

Hello guys, my laptop got stucked in boot loop so i decided to do clean install from dvd. I wonder if i can leave D: partition and delete C: and those two of 350MB and 450MB size? Will i still get that unallocated space and be able to do install on it? Or i have to delete D: partititon to in order to have working windows? Thank you.

:)

Isidor, Dec 24, 2015
  2. skip3119 Win User

Can a non-bootable Win 10 ISO DVD do a clean install?

My computer has been upgraded to Windows 10 and activated.

I have a non-bootable DVD Windows 10 ISO.

Is it possible to do a clean install with that non-bootable disk?

*** Heard imgburn can create a bootable DVD ISO, but after downloading then found it is infected,

and decided not to install it.

skip3119, Dec 24, 2015
  3. How do I create a clean reinstall disc following successful Win7-to-Win10 upgrade?

I assumed you meant: "You cannot create a DVD from the iso and do a clean install".

If you can't do a clean install, why would you bother to download the ISO and make a DVD?

Well, which is it? "You cannot ... do a clean install", or "you can do a clean install"?

That's what I did a month ago. But when I try to do a clean install, I am prompted for a Product Key.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Post a snapshot of a fullscreen Disk Management Window:

To open Disk Management, press Windows key+r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO. Make it full screen. Expand the fields as necessary so everything can be seen.

How to Take a Screenshot in Windows 10

Ztruker, Dec 25, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can leave the D: drive partition. Delete all the other partitions and install to the unallocated space. If your D: drive partition is not at the front or end of the hard drive, though, you will have two unallocated spaces - one in front of D: drive and one behind D: drive and until you move the D: drive partition to the beginning or the end of the hard drive you will have some wasted space.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. decided to do clean install from dvd - Similar Threads - decided clean install

2. Can’t perform a Windows 11 clean install from external DVD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t perform a Windows 11 clean install from external DVD drive: PC was already running Windows 11 Home. AIO software apparently corrupted my system. Exhausted ALL repair and reset options. Purchased a new copy of Windows 11 Home on DVD and a new Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus. Attempted install from external USB DVD drive LG Slimwriter....
  3. Can’t perform a Windows 11 clean install from external DVD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t perform a Windows 11 clean install from external DVD drive: PC was already running Windows 11 Home. AIO software apparently corrupted my system. Exhausted ALL repair and reset options. Purchased a new copy of Windows 11 Home on DVD and a new Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus. Attempted install from external USB DVD drive LG Slimwriter....
  4. Doing a clean install of Win 10 from 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Doing a clean install of Win 10 from 11?: So I want to go back to Windows 10 64 bit pro as I've just had too many issues with Windows 11. As it's well past the 10 days I know I'd need to do a clean install of Windows 10 and start fresh. What steps would I need to take to purge Windows 11 off my OS drive and Gaming...
  5. Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10: Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also cleaned out my PC using compressed air, vacuum...
  6. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD: Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also...
  7. windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD: I want to purchase a new copy of Windows 10 to clean install. I see download, and USB, on the Microsoft store online. However, I want to erase my hard disk, and freshly install Windows 10. Where can I purchase a copy and be legal with my product key? Thank you...
  8. 1st time clean install Win 10 from DVD or USB?

1st time clean install Win 10 from DVD or USB?: I have my new build assembled and ready to install Windows 10 Pro. I purchased The Windows 10 DVD from Amazon just last week so I believe it is relatively new. While reading the clean install guidelines and step by step instructions, it mostly talks about installing from a...
  9. Doing a clean install?

Doing a clean install?: Then your old OS will still be legal. Why not partition your hard drive and keep your old OS in case of problems? When I had a shop build my Win 7 desktop, I paid a little extra to have them install my legal copy of XP on a small partition. It ran some old software that...
  10. Can a a non-bootable DVD Windows 10 ISO do a clean install?

Can a a non-bootable DVD Windows 10 ISO do a clean install?: My computer has been upgraded to Windows 10 and activated. I have a non-bootable DVD Windows 10 ISO. Is it possible to do a clean install with that non-bootable DVD disk? Any alternative to do a clean install? *** Heard imgburn can create a bootable DVD ISO, but after...