Windows 10: Decided to reset my windows 10 after just updating to 1909 and it’s been stuck at 99% for...

Discus and support Decided to reset my windows 10 after just updating to 1909 and it’s been stuck at 99% for... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mdr7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e57r92/decided_to_reset_my_windows_10_after_just/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mdr7, Dec 2, 2019.

1. /u/mdr7 Win User

Decided to reset my windows 10 after just updating to 1909 and it’s been stuck at 99% for...

/u/mdr7, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 2, 2019
  3. alonsh Win User
    Windows update stuck at 99%

Hi
    I just did a system reset (and formatted the disk that had windows on it), after starting everything was okay until i ran windows update - it showed that there are a few updates, it downloads all of them except the last one - "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series." - it has been stuck at "Downloading updates 99%" for at least 2 hours now, and restarting the computer doesn't help. It's worthy to note that my AMD driver is already installed and up to date!

I am now running an sfc scan and i will update this post as soon as it is done.
    Until then - do you have any other suggestions?
    update: it found corrupt files and fixed them but still gets stuck at 99%.

alonsh, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Decided to reset my windows 10 after just updating to 1909 and it’s been stuck at 99% for...

Windows Updates stuck at 99% for 5 hours

Hi,

As you are facing issues with installing updates which stuck at 99%. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you are able to see any error code / error message with this issue?
    • Are you referring to installing updates on Windows 10/ upgrade to Windows 10 from previous operating system?

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Arvind Ram
    on July 21, 2016 and check if it helps.

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is stuck at 99%

Hope it helps. Update us the status of upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Decided to reset my windows 10 after just updating to 1909 and it’s been stuck at 99% for...

1. Decided to reset my windows 10 after just updating to 1909 and it’s been stuck at 99% for... - Similar Threads - Decided reset updating

2. PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%: Hello,Yesterday I chose to reset my computer, I successfully reset it but realised that I didn't wipe my D: drive, so I started another reset. I chose the longer option that completely wipes the hard drive rather than just clearing the files.There was ~700GB worth of files on...
  3. PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%: Hello,Yesterday I chose to reset my computer, I successfully reset it but realised that I didn't wipe my D: drive, so I started another reset. I chose the longer option that completely wipes the hard drive rather than just clearing the files.There was ~700GB worth of files on...
  4. PC been resetting for over a day, stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update from 1909 to 20H2 Stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update from 1909 to 20H2 Stuck at 99%: After 4 hours of waiting the upgrade from version 1909 to 20H2 is stuck at "Getting things ready 99%" - after several downloads and installing operation. How long do I wait? Can I reboot via the power switch and see if that clears it. Any other options? Can I go back to 1909...
  6. Windows 10 reset stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset stuck at 99%: Hi, I tried to reset my pc but it got stuck on 99%. Some threads suggest to wait but I’ve been waiting for almost 12 hours now. Do I still wait? submitted by /u/Iplaygamezlol123 [link] [comments]...
  7. Reset stuck at 99%

Reset stuck at 99%: So i started the reset of my pc 15 hours ago. It took 5-6 hours to go to 99% , and now its still not finished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-stuck-at-99/5d43572e-a6e3-4ceb-8a72-9558b1934818
  8. Reset This PC Stuck at 99%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset This PC Stuck at 99%: I'm trying to reset my pc to clear all the accumulated junk off it, so I reset it, but it is stuck at 99% and has been for 5 hours now, what do i do? submitted by /u/SnEamonLemon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk0frt/reset_this_pc_stuck_at_99/
  9. Factory Reset Stuck On 99%

Factory Reset Stuck On 99%: My PC has now been stuck on 99% for about 15 hours now, this is defiantly not normal. Can someone please help me fix my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-stuck-on-99/978cbceb-ed4b-41fd-8c50-b4873b11449a
  10. My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!

My Windows 10 update has been stuck at 99% for over 12 hours!: I downloaded the newest version, or update of Windows 10 yesterday. It downloaded, went through the verification of download and then said : Updating Windows10. Please Wait. It made it up to 99% and then nothing. I have to have the updated version to download my...