Windows 10: Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi)

Discus and support Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've decided to try the Your Phone app as it seems to be more functional than the Hangouts Chrome extension. I've got a Pixel 2XL, it connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheCockoftheWok, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi)

So I've decided to try the Your Phone app as it seems to be more functional than the Hangouts Chrome extension. I've got a Pixel 2XL, it connected to the app just fine and everything seems to be working except MMS. I can see MMS sent to me, I can even see MMS that I've sent from my phone but I cannot see any MMS I've sent from Your Phone itself. It says sending, then once sent disappears completely. I can't see it in the Your Phone app or the phone. It's a minor annoyance but an annoyance none the less. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue or any insight to fixing it.

TLDR; can't see MMS I send from Your Phone app on Your Phone or actual phone

submitted by /u/TheCockoftheWok
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheCockoftheWok, Aug 15, 2020
  2. garym123 Win User
    garym123, Aug 15, 2020
  3. tuxy---01 Win User
    Google Hangouts-app?

Are there plans for a Google Hangouts-app client on WP8?

tuxy---01, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi)

Internet Download Manager extension is flagged in Google Chrome.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Google Chrome icon (shortcut icon) and choose
      Properties.
    2. Go to Shortcut tab.
    3. Copy and paste the following parameter in the text box across the
      Target field.

-enable-easy-off-store-extension-install

Please refer picture below.

Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi) d43abd23-452a-4c3b-bdff-a225e56facea?upload=true.png

4. Then try adding the extension and check if it resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you post your query in

Google Chrome support Forums
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi)

1. Decided to try the Your Phone app as a replacement for Hangouts Chrome extension (Google Fi) - Similar Threads - Decided try Phone

2. Google hangout chat pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google hangout chat pops up: Hi,Every time I choose a topic in Microsoft news and interest on the taskbar a Google Hangout windows opens telling me to proceed with chat that has replaced hangouts. How do I eliminate this behavior - it wasn't there a week ago.Arturo...
  3. Google Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Extensions: I'm using Google Chrome for my browser. I keep receiving a notice to "protect your browser" by installing an extension. Does Google control the extensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-extensions/85f3af18-4ea5-4fc1-9148-ef8fbe344fdb
  4. Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Chrome extensions (by Google) in Edge: Hi! Does anyone know how to get extensions from Google (Save to Keep, Drive) working? I have no problems with other extensions but these keep asking me to log in and I already am. Message is: You must sign in to use the Google Keep Chrome Extension. submitted by...
  5. google hangouts gone

in Cortana
    google hangouts gone: if I lose goo gle hangouts I will stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-hangouts-gone/082ce43f-e3a4-477d-ace9-dc879a268108"
  6. your phone app "Connect your phone to wi-fi"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your phone app "Connect your phone to wi-fi": I've just upgraded to October update for windows 10, Having issue with "Your Phone Companion" . I am connected to Wi-Fi, my PC and other cell phone is working fine to the network, but when I try to "pair" or "connect" my LGL158VL to the app..I get "connect your phone to...
  7. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  8. Install Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Install Extensions in Google Chrome How to Install Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize Google Chrome and add features and functionality by adding extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension to add it...
  9. Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an extension to remove it from Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7,...
  10. google hangouts

in Browsers and Email
    google hangouts: Can anyone help me with a problem with google hangouts?? I can't add a photo anymore. It did work fine and now has quit. I go down and click the icon and it says attach a photo but it won't go to the picture file. What do I need to do Thanks Ben 100037