Windows 10: Decimal key not working

Discus and support Decimal key not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, The decimal key on my keyboard stops working 10 seconds after logging in... The one on the NumPad does work though. I've tried the following:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Harm ML, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Harm ML Win User

Decimal key not working

Hi,

The decimal key on my keyboard stops working 10 seconds after logging in... The one on the NumPad does work though.

I've tried the following:

- Stop all startup programs

- Delete all activity other than the neccisary windows programs

- Tried the on-screen keyboard, that also does not work

- Reinstall the drivers

- Use different keyboards

- Check missing files using PowerShell (sfc /scannow)

Im at a loss right now, so I'm hoping someone here can help!

Greetings from Holland,

Harm

:)

Harm ML, Feb 20, 2019
  2. Ed Soares Win User

Decimal key (.) in number pad does not work

Ok, the problem was that another program, Minitab 17 (a statistics software), was causing the problem. It was on during the time I was posting the first post above.

• Have Minitab on: decimal key doesn't work - but it works inside the program!
    • End Minitab process: the decimal key starts working again...
    I'll ask about this in the Minitab website and reply back here once (if) there's a more concrete answer.

Meanwhile, go figure...

Thanks,

Edgar

Ed Soares, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Ed Soares Win User
    Decimal key (.) in number pad does not work

Hi, all.

My computer is a laptop, HP envy, with Windows 10.

The decimal key on my keypad/number pad stopped working all of a sudden (nothing happens when I press that key).

• Problem is the same on any number of programs, be it this browser (Edge), MS Excel, MS Word, Notepad, etc...
    • "NumLock" key is on;
    • All the other number pad keys work as usual (all numbers and operators, for example);
    • The setting that controls the mouse with the number pad is off;
    • The problem is the same whether I try it on my laptop keyboard, or on my Logitech keyboard (plugged in with a USB receiver), or on the on-screen keyboard - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    • The period closer to the letter "M" works fine (that's how I've been able to use it in this post, for example)
    • My keyboard language is set correctly, to "English (United States)", as it has always been.
    • I've actually tried changing the keyboard language to another one (such as Spanish and Portuguese), and the problem is still the same - the decimal (.) key in the number pad does not work;
    I've read some 10 forums that had the same questions, but all of them were unhelpful. At least half related to the "NumLock" being off, some meandered into the control panel settings, into the mouse control settings, and a good many did not have a clear
    answer.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance,

Edgar

Ed Soares, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Decimal key not working

Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hi,

To change the decimal symbol back to a period, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Region. Click on Advance settings.
    • Click the Number tab.
    • Change the Decimal Symbol setting to a period (.).
    • Click OK.
    Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Pinaki Mohanty, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Decimal key not working

1. Decimal key not working - Similar Threads - Decimal key working

2. Decimal point . not working on numberpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decimal point . not working on numberpad: Hello,I purchased a USB numberpad. At first, the decimal point would work, then it stopped, only functioning as a Del key, which is its function when not in NumLock. The numbers still print in NumLock. Only the decimal point . is no longer functional. If I turn NumLock off...
  3. Decimal point . not working on numberpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decimal point . not working on numberpad: Hello,I purchased a USB numberpad. At first, the decimal point would work, then it stopped, only functioning as a Del key, which is its function when not in NumLock. The numbers still print in NumLock. Only the decimal point . is no longer functional. If I turn NumLock off...
  4. Decimal point . not working on numberpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Decimal Equivalent for Alt Codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decimal Equivalent for Alt Codes: Is there a decimal equivalent for Alt Codes? If so where can you find them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/decimal-equivalent-for-alt-codes/15dbc495-b24a-4505-a7d4-f80705d7d52a
  6. decimal point in windows calculator

in Windows 10 Customization
    decimal point in windows calculator: I have read the various help articles and I need it explained to me how to set up the windows ten microsoft calculator to write numbers like this: 12.34 instead of 1234. or 123.45 instead of 12345. which is default. Can someone please explain this to me in simple terms. I...
  7. File sorting with decimals or dots.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File sorting with decimals or dots.: Hi, Just realised this is a thing and it's hard to search for a proper solution. Just curious why it'd be like this in the first place. I got files named "Episode 1, Episode 2, etc" in a folder. Now the sorting is good, no problem. No need to write "01" for it to get in...
  8. Binary to decimal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Binary to decimal: Is there a method to make windows calculate storage in the decimal way instead of binary? submitted by /u/Sh4dowSaint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm934g/binary_to_decimal/
  9. Numbers still work with NumLock off but the decimal doesnt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numbers still work with NumLock off but the decimal doesnt: We have a new Logitech wireless mouse & keyboards and when NumLock is off, the numbers still work but the decimal doesnt. This is causing real issues in the Rev Cycle dept. I need the numbers to NOT work when NumLock is off OR I need to set up NumLock to be ON permanently....
  10. Win32PrioritySeparation with a value of decimal 26

in Windows 10 Support
    Win32PrioritySeparation with a value of decimal 26: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl] "Win32PrioritySeparation" Does the value of decimal 26 for Win32PrioritySeparation have a different effect on separation the hexdecimal 26? if it does what would the effects be? 130775

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logitech keyboard nimber pad period not working

2. decimal key on keypad not working

3. decimal key not working on number pad

4. the digits of my ceaboard dos not work how to fix them,
  5. decimal key not working,
  6. what is decimal key on keyboard windows 10,
  7. why doesnt decimal work on keyboard,
  8. decimal point on a dell elite ,
  9. decimal not working numeric pad on webpages,
  10. windows 10 decimal key on dpad not working,
  11. why decimal separator is not working on the number pad on the keyboard,
  12. keyboard no number pad loc:US,
  13. hardware troubleshooting windows 10 dell decimal point number keypad not working,
  14. why decimal on computer 10 keyboard not working,
  15. decimal key not working on numerican keypad